Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Double-Baked Potatoes With Mushrooms And Cheese
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #235 at 2:44 pm on Dec 26, 2005
from Epi while I'm at it, they're delicious and went well with standing rib roast. I used Boursin garlic and herb instead of cream cheese because I had it. Hey, two for one at Publix, how could I resist?
DOUBLE-BAKED POTATOES WITH MUSHROOMS AND CHEESE
This rich, creamy version of twice-baked potatoes can be assembled and refrigerated one day before the final baking.
6 small russet potatoes (about 7 ounces each), scrubbed
5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
12 ounces mushrooms, coarsely chopped
2 large green onions, chopped
3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (about 1/2 cup)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/4 cups coarsely grated white cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375°F. Pierce each potato in several places with fork. Place all potatoes directly on oven rack and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms; sauté until beginning to brown, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes. Add green onions; stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Set aside.
Using oven mitts as aid, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop cooked potato flesh into large bowl, leaving skin intact. Add cream cheese, sour cream, and remaining 4 tablespoons butter and mash well. Mix in mushroom mixture and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mound mashed potatoes in potato skins. Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon cheese. Place on baking sheet. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake potatoes until heated through and cheese melts, about 25 minutes, or 35 minutes if potatoes have been refrigerated.
Makes 6 servings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 235. Rec: Italian Spinach and Radicchio Salad...a new to me take on a wilted salad, delicious! - Curious1 - 2:20pm on 12/26/05 (7)
- Rec: Crab Chops from Emeril's "Louisana Real & Rustic" another winner! - Curious1 - 2:38pm on 12/26/05
- Rec: Double-Baked Potatoes With Mushrooms And Cheese - Curious1 - 2:44pm on 12/26/05
- Rec: Curried Red Lentil and Swiss Chard Stew with Garbanzo Beans..1 more - Curious1 - 2:49pm on 12/26/05
- And a question about lentils>> - Curious1 - 2:54pm on 12/26/05
- Red lentils do cook faster.... - judy-mass - 3:20pm on 12/26/05
- Boy, Curious, it sounds like you were cooking up a storm - Joe - 4:35pm on 12/26/05
- Thanks Judy and Joe, I guess I didn't screw up after all, the soup was delicious. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:42pm on 12/26/05