Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Apricot Crisp...This recipe came from Dawn, NYS. It's easy and I love it.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18413 at 5:06 pm on Jun 20, 2010
8 tbsp Unsalted butter, cut in small pcs
4 cups Pitted apricot halves
Juice of 1 lemon
5 Tbsp granulated sugar, more/less to taste
1 cup All-purpose flour
1 cup Light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly butter a 9-inch pie pan or shallow, round baking dish with a little of the butter.
Toss the fruit in lemon juice and granulated sugar to taste. Pile into a baking dish.
Combine the flour, remaining butter, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub together with fingertips until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle on top of the fruit.
Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly around the edges and the top has browned. Allow to cool briefly; serve while still warm, with whipped cream or ice cream.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18413. Weekend Six - DawnNYS - 2:05pm on 06/20/10 (7)
- Weekend Six - Barbara in VA - 3:19pm on 06/20/10
- Rec: Apricot Crisp...This recipe came from Dawn, NYS. It's easy and I love it. - Curious1 - 5:06pm on 06/20/10
- Thanks Curious, I need to get more apricots this week so I can try this one-- - Barbara in VA - 12:08am on 06/21/10
- so sorry about your layoff Dawn. my weekend six - AngAk - 7:26pm on 06/21/10
- Oh man, how I'd luv to join you for some fishing! Question about your packets - Pat-NoCal - 7:39pm on 06/21/10
- I put it all together and worried a bit about the mushrooms and beans, but they were wonderful. - AngAk - 8:01pm on 06/21/10
- Sounds good, Ang. Going camping this weekend and will give it a try. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:17pm on 06/21/10