Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
so is this Chile Rellenos Casserole from orchid (in Tried n True) - not too spicy at all...
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #18686 at 4:53 am on Jul 29, 2010
cheezz: I made the 9x13, so will put the amounts I did in brackets - it certainly is a forgiving recipe! I cut it into 21 pieces as we also had muffins and breads. As the main breakfast dish, I would say it easily made 12 main-dish servings.
Chile Rellenos Casserole
Serving Size: 8 
2 lg. can Whole green chiles [3 cans]
1 Pound Cheddar Cheese,Shredded **
1/2 Pound Monterey Jack Cheese,Shredded **
** [2 lb bag shredded Mexican 4-cheese blend]
5 Eggs, beaten [8 eggs]
1 Tablespoon Flour,Heaping [1-1/2 Tbl. heaping]
1/2 Teaspoon Cumin [3/4 tsp. cumin seed, crushed]
1/2 Teaspoon Salt [3/4 tsp.]
1 lg. can Evaporated Milk,Whole [1 can + 2/3 cup]
Tomato Sauce [half an 8-oz. can]
Remove seeds from peppers and drain on paper towels.
Grease casserole dish and line with chiles. Spread cheeses on top.
(May be frozen at this point.)
Mix flour with a small amount of milk and add to
beaten eggs. Add remaining milk and salt.
Pour over top of cheese and chiles.
Bake at 375 F. for 30 minutes [45 min] or until set. [cover with foil for last 15 min. if browning too much]. Drizzle tomato sauce over top and return to oven for 5 additional minutes. Let stand 10 minutes
cheezz notes: I mixed up the egg/flour/milk/spices the night before, and cleaned the chiles. So it went together very fast the next morning.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18686. Ack!!! Last-minute house guests. Need to figure out two dinners and a breakfast, pronto. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:03am on 07/28/10 (24)
- This is a great salmon recipe - Spicy Grilled Salmon Steaks (can use fillets): [LINK] - Meryl - 12:22am on 07/28/10
- Another great one: Broiled Salmon with Lime Cilantro [LINK] - Meryl - 12:29am on 07/28/10
- Rec: Cheddar, Vegetable and Sausage Strata. I know you said your [LINK] - orchid - 12:27am on 07/28/10
- Rec: Chile Rellano Casserole. This is also really great and of course [LINK] - orchid - 1:04am on 07/28/10
- Easy Orange Chicken (also posted in T&T): This is deeeelicious! - Meryl - 12:34am on 07/28/10
- Love this French Toast: Baked Banana-Stuffed French Toast - Meryl - 12:36am on 07/28/10
- T&T Delish: Bobby Flay's Grilled Salmon with Honey-Horseradish Mustard - Traca - 3:02am on 07/28/10
- Yum and saved! [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:58am on 07/28/10
- Yum and printed! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 1:28pm on 07/28/10
- Rec: Roasted Salmon with Smoked Paprika Glaze. This is foolproof and baked in oven. I've made this [LINK] - FloriSandy - 3:51am on 07/28/10
- Randi's Salmon in Pinot Gris Caper Sauce. I had the honor of tasting it prepared by Randi herself, [LINK] - Joe - 4:20am on 07/28/10
- This is soo good - maybe it a few weeks ago [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:03am on 07/28/10
- Amanda, Have a look at Andrew Zimmern's Ham & Egg Croissant Stratas [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 8:20am on 07/28/10
- Another use for my Ramekins! Now to find an excuse to host a brunch! Tx for posting! [NT] - barb_b - 12:42pm on 07/30/10
- I dunno, guys. It's 4pm, guests arriving soon, still haven't made it to the store. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 8:00pm on 07/28/10
- fajitas with some steak in the freezer and an easy marinade?? tortillas and rice and a few fixins? - AngAk - 9:10pm on 07/28/10
- This one from deb-in-MI is in Tried n True and REALLY fabulous! REC: Breakfast Croissant Casserole [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:46am on 07/29/10
- so is this Chile Rellenos Casserole from orchid (in Tried n True) - not too spicy at all... [LINK] - cheezz - 4:53am on 07/29/10
- Individual portions - colleenmomof2 - 2:22pm on 07/29/10
- ooooh, good suggestion! Another use for my little casserole dishes! [NT] - cheezz - 11:28pm on 07/29/10
- One of our faves: Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce (Melissa Dallas) [LINK] - cheezz - 4:56am on 07/29/10
- Or... REC: Northwest Sugar Cured Salmon - super easy [LINK] - cheezz - 4:59am on 07/29/10
- Ouu Yeah ! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:43pm on 08/01/10
- Thanks, everyone! Guests just left on their way home. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:41pm on 07/30/10