Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Hong Kong (Fragrant Harbour) Style Fried Rice. My dinner last night and the best fried rice I
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #18869 at 4:28 pm on Aug 25, 2010
I typically try to follow recipes to the tee when trying for the first time, but in this one, I used 8 oz. of small shrimp in lieu of 4 oz. of same plus 4 oz. of pork, since that’s what I had on hand. I also didn’t want to add more pork since the recipe already called for Chinese sausage (Lap Cheong).
I used three links of the Chinese sausage that equaled 4.5 oz. on my scale. I fried the sausage but should have done more research (or read the bloody label!) as it’s typically steamed. It’s rather greasy and snap, crackles, and pops while frying. I used one cup of jasmine rice that was boiled the night before in 1.5 cups of water with 1/2 TBS of salt. I did without the Chinese mushrooms. I thinly sliced up one large white onion to 1/8” and used about two-thirds. I tried “shredding” the scallions but it was no use! I just sliced them very thin. I used two deseeded dried red chilies and it gave the dish a nice bite without being too hot.
This was a great one-meal dish and can be altered to suit your taste in so many ways. Just add a minimal amount of oil (I used canola) when needed. Each and every bite was chock-full of flavor and texture.
P.S. I ate a big chunk out of the fried rice before soon realizing I’d forgotten the sliced egg in the fridge! So-very-not-a-problem and I have at least two more meals to polish it off. Poor me……
Link: Hong Kong (Fragrant Harbour) Style Fried Rice
Other messages in this thread:
- 18869. Rec: Hong Kong (Fragrant Harbour) Style Fried Rice. My dinner last night and the best fried rice I [LINK] - FloriSandy - 4:28pm on 08/25/10 (13)
- Love, love fried rice and this looks delicious! Now where did you find that sausage?? [NT] - Curious1 - 5:48pm on 08/25/10
- Aw thanks Curious. I bought the sausage at Wong Kai in Bradenton. I also picked up some fresh - FloriSandy - 5:56pm on 08/25/10
- If you get to Bradenton often... [LINK] - judy-mass - 1:46am on 08/26/10
- I actually live in Bradenton and will look Bonni up! Thanks, Judy. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:03am on 08/26/10
- Ha! There's my fellow Bradentonite/Bradentonian?? Michael, we really must [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:17am on 08/26/10
- We are going to the Bradenton Farmer's Market in Village of the Arts tomorrow... - Michael in Sarasota - 1:12pm on 08/27/10
- Will you settle for a blonde - FloriSandy - 4:53pm on 08/27/10
- Well I'll be darned! I've yet to explore the Village of the Arts but when I do, I - FloriSandy - 2:11am on 08/26/10
- Oh my, the pizza and stromboli look wonderful! Everything does. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:32pm on 08/26/10
- Come along Curious and anyone else that wants to join us for this local road trip [NT] - FloriSandy - 9:38pm on 08/26/10
- Looks Yummy! Nice pics! I purchased the sausage once to replicate Yum Khun Chen? Something like - barb_b - 11:38am on 08/26/10
- Thanks Barb. Have fun at the Asian market! [NT] - FloriSandy - 10:12pm on 08/26/10
- That looks great, Sandy! [NT] - Meryl - 11:29pm on 08/27/10