Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Portabella Fries...The recipe that I cooked at Apron's yesterday was Southwest Green
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #18884 at 8:07 pm on Aug 27, 2010
Chile Burgers with Portabella Fries. While the burgers were really good and really popular the portabella fries were a huge hit! They are so good and talk about easy...Wow! I can say when I left the store last night there wasn't a portabella to be had in the store. I hope the truck this morning had lots of them on it.
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
12 oz sliced portabella mushrooms
2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
1 1/4 cups Italian-style bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Large zip-top bag, optional
•Preheat oven to 425°F. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil evenly over baking sheet.
•Discard stems and gills (dark brown layers) from mushrooms.
1.Whisk eggs until frothy; place in shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in large zip-top bag (or shallow bowl).
2.Place 3–4 mushrooms into eggs, turning to coat both sides. Dip or toss mushrooms with bread crumbs until evenly coated; place in single layer on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mushrooms. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake 10 minutes.
3.Turn mushrooms; bake 5–7 more minutes or until mushrooms are tender and golden. May be served with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 280kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 5mg; SODIUM 690mg; CARB 29g; FIBER 3g; PROTEIN 10g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 4%; CALC 10%; IRON 15%
Link: Green Chile Burgers with Portabella Fries
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18884. Rec: Portabella Fries...The recipe that I cooked at Apron's yesterday was Southwest Green [LINK] - orchid - 8:07pm on 08/27/10 (6)
- Drats! I just came back from - FloriSandy - 8:42pm on 08/27/10
- Hey, way to go----sell those products!! [NT] - AngAk - 6:40pm on 08/30/10
- Thanks....try this recipe. You gotta trust me on this one. ;0) [NT] - orchid - 9:43pm on 08/30/10
- orchid, I loved these!!! SOO good! - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:19am on 09/01/10
- I'm so glad you gave it a try Sandi, they ARE good! I am also going - orchid - 12:14pm on 09/01/10
- These sound so good! (NT) [NT] - Debbie in Indiana - 4:09pm on 09/11/10