Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Save your money Curious! You saw it here first!
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #18927 at 2:00 am on Sep 4, 2010
Several years ago (and I mean SEVERAL), I devised a simplistic method to eliminate the need for a paper towel dispenser due to my own practicality.
I sit down at my leisure with a glass of wine or beer and cheese and hand-perforate my Bounty paper towels while watching TV or listening to the radio............. There IS a method to my madness. I criss-cross them and lay them on top of my fridge (see photo below) so that I can pluck them as needed for kitchen or general household duties.
I know it's a sick OCD habit, but it's very therapeutic for me and I don't have to worry about my dirty hands contaminating or "wetting" the remaining paper towels.
When I lived at Dad's, I found myself perforating 5-6 rolls at a time – you should have seen his face when I placed them on one of his chairs for future cleaning duties! What a cheap stress-reliever it was - LOL!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18927. Help, please! Does anyone have a vertical countertop paper towel dispenser that actually works? I - Curious1 - 1:04am on 09/04/10 (28)
- I want to know about that too. I don't want to attach one under my cabinets with screws. I - Kendall - 1:10am on 09/04/10
- I want a magnetic one for the side of the fridge with a magnet - Melissa Dallas - 1:12am on 09/04/10
- You said it better than I, I want to tear a towel without the whole thing unraveling. However, - Curious1 - 1:17am on 09/04/10
- Nope. [NT] - Marianne - 1:58am on 09/04/10
- Save your money Curious! You saw it here first! [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 2:00am on 09/04/10
- Love this one Sandy! I don't think it's OCD, have u tried patenting this mechanism? [NT] - Kendall - 2:25am on 09/04/10
- No Kendall, but I - FloriSandy - 2:31am on 09/04/10
- ROFLMAO!!! That's FUNNY!!! [NT] - Kendall - 2:32am on 09/04/10
- Lol Sandy, I remember you telling me about this. Pretty clever! [NT] - Curious1 - 8:25pm on 09/04/10
- can I hire you? [NT] - AngAk - 6:40pm on 09/07/10
- Mine is a stainless steel counter top holder that works good. [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 1:15pm on 09/04/10
- I attached a dispenser that originally was horizontal in - BobbiJoAZ - 1:56pm on 09/04/10
- I think that's the best scenario, but I don't have anyplace near the sink to hang it. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:29pm on 09/04/10
- Thanks for the replies, I went to BBB to get the one Michael linked, but an employee suggested this. [LINK] - Curious1 - 8:24pm on 09/04/10
- I have a great marble one, the heavy stone really holds the roll in place when tearing off a sheet. - Heather_in_SF - 2:49am on 09/05/10
- Curious, this is the one I have--by Cuisipro. It was expensive--I bought it in a pinch at a pricey [LINK] - Joe - 2:20pm on 09/05/10
- If the one I bought fails, I'm getting this one! [NT] - Curious1 - 3:36pm on 09/05/10
- That's the one I have, too!! Thought I got it at BB&B but maybe it was Target. It is great! [NT] [IMAGE] - Michael in Sarasota - 4:05pm on 09/05/10
- Michael, I'm reading your shopping list upside down and wonder what's cooking? [NT] - Joe - 5:25pm on 09/05/10
- LOL! Just some things I ran out of. If I don't write them down... - Michael in Sarasota - 5:37pm on 09/05/10
- The appetizer basket from the latest episode of Chopped>> - Michael in Sarasota - 6:56pm on 09/05/10
- LOL! [NT] - Joe - 7:57pm on 09/05/10
- And by the way, you have lovely penmanship. My lists are sometimes impossible for me to read myself. [NT] - Joe - 8:07pm on 09/05/10
- I can NEVER read my lists, so a few months ago, I did them all on the computer. I save each - Meryl - 8:10pm on 09/05/10
- Thanks, Joe. Fallout from parochial school. The nuns beat it into you. - Michael in Sarasota - 9:42pm on 09/05/10
- Me, too! On the knuckles--those Irish sisters didn't mess around. But I guess I've lapsed. [NT] - Joe - 10:31pm on 09/05/10