Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here ya go! REC: Top Heavy Heavenly Hash
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #2064 at 7:37 pm on May 26, 2006
Top Heavy Heavenly Hash
1 1/3 cups (8 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups (about 5 ½ oz.) walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup ap flour
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. Baking soda
½ tsp. Salt
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 ¾ cup mini marshmallows
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
In a medium blow, stir the chocolate chips and nuts (I lightly toast the nuts) together and set aside. Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, using a large spoon, stir the melted butter and sugar to blend them. The mixture will look grainy. Stir in the egg and vanilla until the mixture looks smooth and shiny. Stir in the flour mix to incorporate.
Drop heaping tablespoons (about 3 level tbsp.) of dough onto the prepared sheets, spacing them 4 inched apart. Bake one sheet of the cookies until the tops feel firm, about 14 min. The cookies will puff up during baking, then flatten.
Remove the sheet from the oven and, leaving a ½ inch plain edge all around each one, scatter about 12 marshmallows over each cookie. Sprinkle about a tbsp. Of the chocolate nut mix over the marshmallows. Return to the oven for 5 min. Remove the cookies. The marshmallows will be soft and the chips will melt but hold their shape. Cool for 10 min. on sheet then, using a wide metal spatula, transfer to a wire rack to cool. Bake second sheet in same way.
May be stored at room temp. in tightly covered container for up to 3 days.
Source: big fat cookies
If it’s hot in the kitchen, I put them in the frig so the chocolate will set faster I also individually wrap each cookie.
I also make one and a half times this recipe.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2064. ISO cookie bakers please: ? on adjusting temps...... - Barbara in VA - 12:20pm on 05/26/06 (11)
- Hi Barbara! I regularly send "care packages" to family and friends containing large cookies from - CynUpstateNY - 1:19pm on 05/26/06
- Or if you let me know what kind he likes, I'll see if there is a recipe. Choc, spice, etc. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 1:50pm on 05/26/06
- Cyn, please post the Heavenly Hash when you have time! Thank you! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 3:53pm on 05/26/06
- Here ya go! REC: Top Heavy Heavenly Hash - CynUpstateNY - 7:37pm on 05/26/06
- These are also terrific- REC: Butterscotch Marble Blondie Drops - CynUpstateNY - 7:42pm on 05/26/06
- Barvara in Va, Elinor Klivans Totally Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies ....> [LINK] - GayR - 6:18pm on 05/26/06
- Barbara, I also have a bar cookie by Natalie Haughton for Rocky Road Oaties .... - GayR - 6:59pm on 05/26/06
- Barbara, if you decide to use the recipe you have and want to just change the size of the cookies - CathyZ from Kauai - 7:28pm on 05/26/06
- Barbara, I almost always make bigger cookies than the recipe calls for... - Mimi - 7:44pm on 05/26/06
- Hi All, thank you for your help! I ended up making RuthSF's Chocolate and Walnut - Barbara in VA - 6:21pm on 05/27/06
- I think Olga posted these Sunflower Seed cookies that are really good and different and make nice - AngAk - 6:39pm on 05/31/06