Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Breakfast Cookies
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19016 at 7:10 am on Sep 22, 2010
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:25:14 GMT
From: PegW (@126.96.36.199 )
Rec Breakfast Cookies by Jodi from the archive. These will fly off your plate.
RECIPE: Breakfast Cookies....
The Best Breakfast Cookie Ever
These are a fun change.
No matter when I serve them, I am always ask
for the recipe, now that you have the ecipe,
enjoy a wonderful taste sensation.
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup flour
6 bacon strips, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 tsp. soda
Cream butter and sugar.
Add egg and vanilla.
Combine flour, soda and salt; add to creamed
mixture and mix well.
Stir in oats and wheat germ.
Fold in cheese and bacon.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
They keep and store well.
The only thing I did different is that I
used Butter Pecan Extract instead of
Vanilla because I ran out. My husband took
them to his work and they were gone in
minutes and 4 requests for the recipe.
Thank you Jodi, for a wonderful taste
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 19016. Camping recipe thread? Can't find my recipes from Gayle's... - MariaDNoCA - 7:02pm on 09/21/10 (22)
- Not a recipe but speaking of foil-wrapped.... Many moons ago when I was - FloriSandy - 9:03pm on 09/21/10
- Walking Tacos. Taco meat could go into a disposable foil pan. Toppings in disposable zip lock bags - Elenor - 9:53pm on 09/21/10
- Potatoes/home fries in foil = simple side dish - DawnNYS - 11:21pm on 09/21/10
- we do this on the grill too---adding whatever other veggies we have, zucchini,onions,peppers,carrots - AngAk - 7:29pm on 09/22/10
- Eggs over the fire in empty tuna fish cans? [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:23pm on 09/21/10
- Apple turnovers - can't exactly remember how we did this, but I think it was a - DawnNYS - 11:26pm on 09/21/10
- There are several camp cooking links here [LINK] - Lana in FL - 1:22am on 09/22/10
- I'll never forget the tiny cooking set of pots & pans that I got from my Mom & Dad - FloriSandy - 2:41am on 09/22/10
- Make ahead Clambake: Clam Pouches & Coleslaw w/ Dressing - MariaDNoCA - 1:47am on 09/22/10
- REC: Breakfast Cookies - MariaDNoCA - 7:10am on 09/22/10
- These sound so different! Bacon and cheese in a cookie! I gotta try this recipe! Tx for posting [NT] - barb_b - 3:39pm on 09/22/10
- P.S... I miss Peg. Anyone keep in touch with her? I recall her love for her ferrets and - barb_b - 3:40pm on 09/22/10
- I like ferrets too... in meuniere sauce with a side of weasel. Weasel...mmm! (SST to hell, please?) [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 4:43pm on 09/22/10
- You are BAD!~~ : ) [NT] - barb_b - 6:14pm on 09/23/10
- Sounds perfect for our next women's breakfast - thanks Maria *g* [NT] - cheezz - 2:56am on 09/23/10
- make your favorite meatloaf and portion in small packets of doubled foil. freeze, then transport - AngAk - 7:31pm on 09/22/10
- I remember rolls filled with ham/cheese/pineapple wrapped in foil and warmed on the grill. [NT] - AngAk - 7:39pm on 09/22/10
- we also use those grill pans, the ones where you place the fish etc inside and it clamps together - AngAk - 7:42pm on 09/22/10
- Oh Ang, I recently found NON-STICK fish baskets and they are such a pleasure! - Lana in FL - 12:33am on 09/23/10
- I must find these! [NT] - AngAk - 1:23am on 09/23/10