Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
For those peanut butter days, you should really try my Peanut Butter Filled Cookies :)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #19073 at 7:38 am on Oct 6, 2010
Everyone LOVES these cookies. They all take a bite, then ask me how I got the peanut butter in the middle! If you like that stick-to-the-roof-of-your-mouth peanut butter feeling, you'll love these!
Peanut Butter Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups (12.5 oz) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (8 oz) butter
1 cup (7 oz) sugar
1 cup (7.5 oz) brown sugar
1 cup (9 oz) peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
Extra peanut butter, for filling cookies (about 3/4 cup or so)
Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together into a medium bowl, set aside.
Cream butter and both sugars. Add peanut butter and blend. Add eggs and vanilla, mix until well blended.
Add sifted dry ingredients, and stir just until flour is incorporated.
Divide dough into thirds, and roll each portion in waxed paper, forming a log about 2” in diameter. Refrigerate until firm (at least 2 hours or overnight).
Slice rolls into 1/8" thin slices, and place on cookie sheet, about 2” apart. Use a butter knife, and place a dab of peanut butter onto each slice, then top with another slice of dough.
Make criss crosses on each cookie with a fork dipped in sugar. (If the dough is stiff, and the peanut butter squishes out, set it aside for a couple of minutes, until the dough softens a bit.)
The peanut butter doesn't have to be totally enclosed within the slices - so don't get too crazy about it.
Bake at 350º for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown all over.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19073. Happy National Homemade Cookie Day! What's your favorite homemade cookie? [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 2:14pm on 10/01/10 (33)
- Great Question! Mine is Chocolate Chip Malted Cookies [NT] [LINK] - deb-in-MI - 3:35pm on 10/01/10
- Hands down, absolute favorite: Lacy Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:06pm on 10/01/10
- My most favorite cookie in the world: REC: Salty Oat Cookies - Barbara in VA - 4:12pm on 10/01/10
- (psst, hey Michael. It's October - maybe NOW you can get Christmas cookie recipes/ideas :) - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:14pm on 10/01/10
- Here's another one for my Christmas list - Savannah Chocolate Chewies - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:22pm on 10/01/10
- We better check with Dawn/MO. I think she may hold some reservations. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:08pm on 10/02/10
- Shortbread, plan or pecan, from Ina Garten adapted from Eli Zabar [LINK] - AngAk - 4:08pm on 10/01/10
- Hey Ang, how thin do you roll the cookies if you sandwich it with jam? - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:17pm on 10/01/10
- I work with small chunks of dough and roll out thinner than plain cookies, maybe 1/4-1/3 inch? - AngAk - 4:46pm on 10/01/10
- I'm more of the "So many cookies, Such a Short Life" school. - Melissa Dallas - 5:42pm on 10/01/10
- Simple is best for me. Mom's Oatmeal Refrigerator Cookies - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:51pm on 10/01/10
- Chocolate Espresso Chews! [NT] - Meryl - 6:12pm on 10/01/10
- Iced sugar cookies with a bit of almond extract in the icing. - MariaDNoCA - 9:04pm on 10/01/10
- Hubby's is either oatmeal or Cocoa Krispy Cookies... mine are chocolate dipped macaroons [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:58pm on 10/02/10
- this makes me smile---that your hubby's favorite is one with cocoa krispies, such a childhood fave - AngAk - 5:57pm on 10/04/10
- Coco Pebbles work best - for the cookies AND the bowl - much more chocolaty *g* [NT] - cheezz - 2:31am on 10/05/10
- Yeah, they're all little boys at heart -- except his mom NEVER baked [NT] - cheezz - 2:31am on 10/05/10
- Inspired by the holiday, I made Chipotle-Peanut Butter with Chocolate Chip cookies as well as Ginger - Steve2 in LA - 8:02pm on 10/02/10
- I don't even like chipotle, yet this cookie sounds amazing. For your sake, I hope it was terrible. [NT] - MarilynFL - 2:46pm on 10/04/10
- They were TERRIBLE. In fact, there aren't any left. Had to eat 'em all lest they spawned. Actually, - Steve2 in LA - 5:22pm on 10/04/10
- Macadamia Toffee Chip Cookies - lorijean - 3:08pm on 10/03/10
- Mmmm, all of these sound so gosh-darned delicious. Thank you all for sharing. I have a hard time [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:12am on 10/05/10
- Pat, I was comparing your macaroon recipe with the one I've been using.... [LINK] - cheezz - 12:40am on 10/06/10
- Gotta say the Mexican Wedding Cookies are one of my fave, too, although PB cookies win out! [NT] - cheezz - 12:41am on 10/06/10
- No, cheezz, no weeping that I recall. It's a pretty sturdy batter. They're *really* - Pat-NoCal - 5:11am on 10/07/10
- Next time, I'm trying your recipe! [NT] - cheezz - 12:07am on 10/08/10
- For those peanut butter days, you should really try my Peanut Butter Filled Cookies :) - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:38am on 10/06/10
- If bar cookies count, these are my favorite ones: Cranberry Bliss Bars (in Tried and True) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 12:43am on 10/06/10
- Are these like the ones Starbucks sells around the holidays? If so, I can't be trusted to eat - Pat-NoCal - 5:10am on 10/07/10
- These are SOOOOO much better. I find Starbucks pastires rather cardboard-like :) [NT] - cheezz - 12:08am on 10/08/10