Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Pumpkin Pistachio Cannoli...
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Posted to Thread #19393 at 9:03 pm on Nov 20, 2010
Pumpkin Pistachio Cannoli
4 ounces mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin or freshly cooked
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup pistachio nuts, chopped, roasted, or raw
1/2 cup whipping cream
12 cannoli shells, purchased
Powdered sugar, or granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl stir together mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar, pumpkin, ricotta, and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup of the nuts. Set aside.
2. In a chilled mixing bowl beat cream with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture. If desired, cover and chill up to 4 hours To serve, spoon pumpkin mixture into a self-sealing plastic bag. Snip a 3/4-inch hole in one corner. Pipe filling into cannoli shells so pumpkin filling extends from ends. Sprinkle cannoli ends with remaining nuts. Arrange on a serving platter; sprinkle with sugar. Makes 12 servings.
*Note: If purchased cannoli shells are not available, brush one side of sixteen 4-inch flour tortillas (trim larger tortillas if necessary) with cooking oil. Roll, forming a tube shape; secure with a wooden toothpick. Gently place a rolled piece of foil in the center for support. Place on a baking sheet; brush outside with oil and bake in a 375 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Place on a wire rack to cool. Remove foil and toothpicks; fill with pumpkin mixture. Makes 16 shells (allows for breakage).
Other messages in this thread:
- 19393. I'm cooking down my pumpkin puree from last year (it still tastes very good) - DawnNYS - 2:09pm on 11/20/10 (15)
- I'm not sure what I'll make with it yet, but the house smells wonderful between the puree cooking - DawnNYS - 2:50pm on 11/20/10
- Pumpkin Pistachio Cannoli... - charlie - 9:03pm on 11/20/10
- REC: Pumpkin Scones... - charlie - 9:04pm on 11/20/10
- Rec: Pumpkin Pasties from The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook [NT] [LINK] - FloriSandy - 11:31pm on 11/20/10
- do you have this cookbook? thinking it would be fun to send to the grandkids [NT] - AngAk - 4:03am on 11/23/10
- No I don't Ang. I got the recipe from the Philadelphia Inquirer website. Here it is on Amazon [LINK] - FloriSandy - 1:54am on 11/24/10
- Rec: Sweet Potato Soup (but use your pumpkin instead??) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 6:24am on 11/21/10
- REC: Pumpkin Souffle [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 6:26am on 11/21/10
- REC: Orange Pumpkin Bread [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 6:27am on 11/21/10
- REC: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 6:28am on 11/21/10
- Pumpkin Granola - lorijean - 3:26pm on 11/21/10
- Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Cider Sauce [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:54pm on 11/22/10