Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Michael in Naples

Rec: Marinated Fruit Salad

Veteran Member
2063 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #19625 at 7:35 pm on Dec 20, 2010

It can marinate overnight. I made it Saturday and I'm having leftovers right now...still very good. I added the grapefruit, grapes and pomegranet seeds. The spices don't really need the cheesecloth just strain over the fruit and leave the cinnamon sticks in the bowl. It was lovely in a trifle bowl.

Exported from MasterCook *

Marinated Fruit Salad

Recipe By :Marlene Sorosky
Serving Size : 16 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 large apples
3 large navel oranges
1 small pineapple
1 small cantaloupe
2 medium pink grapefruit
1/2 pound red grapes
1/2 pound green grapes
1 large pomegranates
Spiced Marinade
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups water
3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
3 sticks cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
3/4 teaspoon whole allspice
3/4 cup kirsch liqueur
1 pint strawberries -- sliced
mint leaves

Peel apples and cut into 3/4 inch chunks. Peel oranges & grapefruits and separate or cut into sections. Cut pineapple into small wedges. Cut cantaloupe into wedges or balls. You should have about 2 cups of each fruit. Place fruit in a large bowl.

In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, lemon juice and cinnamon sticks. Tie cloves and allspice in cheesecloth and add to mixture. Bring to a boil over moderate heat; lower heat. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Removes cinnamon sticks and spice bag. Stir in kirsch and pour over fruit. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight until ready to use.

Before serving, stir in strawberries and garnish with mint leaves.

Source:
"Cookery for Entertaining"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 163 Calories; 1g Fat (3.4% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 6mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : Refreshing and flavorful--vary the fruits with the season.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 902027 2551 0 0

Other messages in this thread: