Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
German Marble Cake pictures. My son is becoming quite good at this, I think.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20425 at 4:07 pm on Sep 1, 2011
This has been my birthday cake since I was little. My Mom baked it for all of us, and I inherited the pan she used.
It is a very heavy, dense cake that begs for a glass of cold milk or a cup of hot coffee on the side. It is flavored with vanilla, rum and lemon zest, and it's better a day or two after you bake it.
I've posted the recipe here before, but I can do it again if anyone wants it.
Thanks for lookin'!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 20425. German Marble Cake pictures. My son is becoming quite good at this, I think. - Michael in Phoenix - 4:07pm on 09/01/11 (14)
- Beautiful! Did your son make the cake or just take the pics? Both look great! [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 4:12pm on 09/01/11
- I made the cake, he took the pics. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 4:17pm on 09/01/11
- Please do Michael--and I love the granite too [NT] - charlie - 6:54pm on 09/01/11
- Geman Marble Cake recipe inside. - Michael in Phoenix - 10:52pm on 09/01/11
- Thanks Michael [NT] - charlie - 2:49am on 09/03/11
- My first experience with granite in my home. Now I know why everyone... - Michael in Phoenix - 11:16pm on 09/01/11
- It looks great--ours is called hawaiian green but it isn't as wonderfully colorful as yours [NT] - charlie - 2:49am on 09/03/11
- Gorgeous - both the cake and the granite! Please post the cake recipe again?? :<} - PatBastrop - 11:59pm on 09/01/11
- Recipe posted above. I'll have to check what the granite was called. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:36pm on 09/02/11
- I found out the granite is called "Verde Bamboo". It was out of our ... - Michael in Phoenix - 7:18pm on 09/03/11
- What a wonderful story! Pics are great! HAPPY B-Day! Very cool Tradition w/ the cake : ) [NT] - barb_b - 12:59am on 09/02/11
- What she said!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 2:22pm on 09/02/11
- Thanks Deb. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:39pm on 09/04/11
- Thanks Barb. I'll let my eldest son know his work is appreciated. Thank you for the kind words. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:39pm on 09/04/11