Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Meryl's Strawberry Cream Pie
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20430 at 11:08 am on Sep 4, 2011
We really enjoyed this. I used store bought graham cracker crust. Before filling, I baked the crust with some melted butter to keep it crispy for about 10 minutes. I added more strawberries, cause I wanted to finish what was in the fridge.
The one mistake I made is that I kept it in the freezer too long prior to serving. It does not cut like an ice cream cake. It needed to be at room temp for about 30 minutes.
It looked so pretty!
Thanks Meryl for a great recipe!
Link: Meryl's Strawberry Cream Pie
Other messages in this thread:
- 20430. What is everyone making for Labor Day? - Dawn_MO - 4:57pm on 09/02/11 (18)
- Carnitas if I'm feeling better. Soup if I still have this miserable cold. Who has miserable colds - Joe - 5:09pm on 09/02/11
- I do!!! I just got it a couple days ago and REC: Asian Meatball Soup - Dawn_MO - 5:19pm on 09/02/11
- So no wonder you and I are on the computer and not outside enjoying the last sun of summer, lol! - Joe - 5:41pm on 09/02/11
- I hate that the most. - Dawn_MO - 6:36pm on 09/02/11
- Me sick too!!! Not sure if it's sinus or cold but I feel like #@)& [NT] - Music City Missy - 12:09am on 09/04/11
- Feel better soon! - Dawn_MO - 7:33pm on 09/04/11
- Q'd pork ribs with all the fixin's. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:52pm on 09/02/11
- I am working Saturday and Monday, instead of going away for the weekend with friends to Napa :-( - Heather_in_SF - 8:06pm on 09/02/11
- You convinced me, I bought briami ingredients today. I wonder about Evelyn, too. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:47am on 09/03/11
- I found this link to Evelyn in Athens. Latest posts are in July, 2011. Could this be our gal? [NT] [LINK] - Marianne - 5:22pm on 09/04/11
- That is indeed her. You can leave her messages there and - Dawn_MO - 7:34pm on 09/04/11
- Way Too Much - deb-in-MI - 12:55pm on 09/03/11
- We're going to a potluck tomorrow and I need to figure out what to bring. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 4:23pm on 09/03/11
- Two fun things that I brought to pot lucks during the summer [NT] - barb_b - 11:01am on 09/04/11
- Just returned from 5 days camping along the coast and now in the mood for a roast chicken [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 12:55am on 09/06/11