Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Derby Pie
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20430 at 6:24 am on Sep 4, 2011
This is really good with Vanilla Ice Cream. Devoured by everyone that enjoys chocolate chip cookies. I did not have the self rising flour so I searched the net on how to convert AP flour to self rising. (I forget what was suggested).
10 oz cup chocolate chips,semi-sweet
1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped (I used walnuts)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick butter, melted
1 unbaked Pillsbury pie shell or graham cracker crust (I used graham cracker crust that I had baked with a slight coating of butter for about 10 minutes)
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine flour and sugar.
Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and melted butter.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Pour into pie shell and bake for 30-40 minutes.
Let cool to set.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20430. What is everyone making for Labor Day? - Dawn_MO - 11:57am on 09/02/11 (18)
- Carnitas if I'm feeling better. Soup if I still have this miserable cold. Who has miserable colds - Joe - 12:09pm on 09/02/11
- I do!!! I just got it a couple days ago and REC: Asian Meatball Soup - Dawn_MO - 12:19pm on 09/02/11
- So no wonder you and I are on the computer and not outside enjoying the last sun of summer, lol! - Joe - 12:41pm on 09/02/11
- I hate that the most. - Dawn_MO - 1:36pm on 09/02/11
- Me sick too!!! Not sure if it's sinus or cold but I feel like #@)& [NT] - Music City Missy - 7:09pm on 09/03/11
- Feel better soon! - Dawn_MO - 2:33pm on 09/04/11
- Q'd pork ribs with all the fixin's. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 1:52pm on 09/02/11
- I am working Saturday and Monday, instead of going away for the weekend with friends to Napa :-( - Heather_in_SF - 3:06pm on 09/02/11
- You convinced me, I bought briami ingredients today. I wonder about Evelyn, too. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:47pm on 09/02/11
- I found this link to Evelyn in Athens. Latest posts are in July, 2011. Could this be our gal? [NT] [LINK] - Marianne - 12:22pm on 09/04/11
- That is indeed her. You can leave her messages there and - Dawn_MO - 2:34pm on 09/04/11
- Way Too Much - deb-in-MI - 7:55am on 09/03/11
- We're going to a potluck tomorrow and I need to figure out what to bring. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 11:23am on 09/03/11
- Two fun things that I brought to pot lucks during the summer [NT] - barb_b - 6:01am on 09/04/11
- Just returned from 5 days camping along the coast and now in the mood for a roast chicken [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 7:55pm on 09/05/11