Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Goat Cheese Cheesecakes w/ Summer Berries
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #20675 at 4:24 pm on Oct 15, 2011
I have made this a few times, it is always fun to bring to a small get together, w/ neighbors. Beautiful presentation... I serve it in the jamming jars; I serve it with the mocha cheesecake rec: below. They are fun, made ahead, and perfect portions. A really nice way to end a party. ((Thanks again Gay!))
Will give a try at the crisp in the jar for the next get together!
Goat Cheese Cheesecakes with Summer Berries
Photo by: Photo: Jim Franco; Styling: Scott Martin
YIELD: Makes 10 servings
PREP TIME:30 Minutes
OTHER:7 Hours, 57 Minutes
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch of salt
1 (0.25-oz.) envelope unflavored gelatin
1/3 cup milk
1/2 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (4-oz.) goat cheese log
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
1. Stir together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt. Divide mixture among 10 (8-oz.) glasses (about 1 heaping tablespoonful each); press mixture onto bottoms of glasses. Chill 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan, and let stand 1 minute. Cook milk mixture over medium-low heat, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat.
3. Beat cream cheese and goat cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until smooth. Beat in 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Slowly add milk mixture, beating until combined.
4. Beat heavy cream at high speed, using whisk attachment, until soft peaks form. Gently fold into cheese mixture. Divide mixture among glasses (about 1/3 cup each). Cover and chill 6 to 48 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Top with Summer Berries just before serving.
Southern Living JUNE 2010
Other messages in this thread:
- 20675. Love this - Crisp In A Jar from Wendolonia Blog .... calling barb! [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 11:55pm on 10/13/11 (15)
- This would be great for Thanksgiving - Potted Pumpkin Pies (inchmark blog) [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:12am on 10/14/11
- I'm in LOVE - Whole Wheat Buttermilk Rolls In a Jar with video - Simplebites [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 12:24am on 10/14/11
- Check the other terrific recipes on this site. [NT] - GayR - 12:28am on 10/14/11
- The Pumpkin pie link doesn't work [NT] - carol whidbey Is - 11:58am on 10/14/11
- Carol, I am sorry it does not work for you....goggle Potted Pumpkin Pies and the link should come up [NT] - GayR - 1:02pm on 10/14/11
- Somehow you got an extra "eat.at" in front of the link... click on link here> [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 12:59am on 10/15/11
- Hi Gay... they don't say, are they just 8-oz jars? I've heard of this before, cute idea. [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:43am on 10/14/11
- Dawn, The first Blog Wendolonia used 1/2 pint Wide Mouth Mason Jars, the second - GayR - 12:53am on 10/14/11
- Dawn, DH figured it to be 4.2 oz. in a Ball Jam Jar and if you go to Amazon - GayR - 1:04am on 10/14/11
- OMG; Gay this has has my name all over it!! Thanks so much! [NT] - barb_b - 11:08pm on 10/14/11
- Our friend Gay, knows I enjoy lil desserts in a ramekin / jar. 2 of my favorites that she posted: [NT] - barb_b - 4:20pm on 10/15/11
- Rec: Goat Cheese Cheesecakes w/ Summer Berries [LINK] - barb_b - 4:24pm on 10/15/11
- These look really good, Barb. Do they have the characteristic sour taste (which I love) of - DawnNYS - 2:14pm on 10/16/11
- I would say they are subtly tangy. It does not taste like traditional cheesecake w/ vanilla etc. - barb_b - 3:54pm on 10/16/11
- Rec: Mocha Chessecakes in ramekins [LINK] - barb_b - 4:30pm on 10/15/11