Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes and Paprika was last night's dinner. Tasty
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #20706 at 3:12 pm on Oct 18, 2011
and easy to prepare.
Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes, and Paprika
Yield: Makes 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tablespoon smoked paprika*
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1/2 cup plain yogurt or Greek yogurt
4 chicken breast halves with bones
1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
1 12-ounce container cherry tomatoes
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
Preheat oven to 450°. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour 1 teaspoon spiced oil mixture into small bowl; whisk in yogurt and set aside for sauce. Place chicken on large rimmed baking sheet. Rub 2 tablespoons spiced oil mixture over chicken. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1/2 cup cilantro to remaining spiced oil mixture; toss to coat. Pour bean mixture around chicken. Sprinkle everything generously with salt and pepper.
Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cilantro. Transfer chicken to plates. Spoon bean mixture over. Serve with yogurt sauce.
Source: 5/08 Bon Appetit
Pat's notes: Easy and tasty and came together quickly. Good sides were curried couscous, and swiss chard sauteed with olive oil and garlic.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20706. Rec: Roast Chicken Breasts with Garbanzo Beans, Tomatoes and Paprika was last night's dinner. Tasty [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:12pm on 10/18/11 (5)
- Rec: Curried Couscous was a good side dish - Pat-NoCal - 3:15pm on 10/18/11
- Yum! This looks great. [NT] - Traca - 3:47am on 10/19/11
- Thanks Pat, these look delicious! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 12:48pm on 10/19/11
- Made this tonight for dinner w/ chicken legs. Really good! I like the combination of the - barb_b - 11:16pm on 10/19/11
- Nice! I was thinking about using chicken thighs or legs next time myself. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:09am on 10/20/11