Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Pickled Red Onions
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #21005 at 3:56 pm on Nov 26, 2011
Red Onions (combination of a few different recipes)
3 red onions thinly sliced with the mandoline
3 Tbspn Olive Oil
1+ tspn brown sugar
3 Tbspn red wine vinegar
3/4 tspn dijon mustard
Heat Oil, add onions
cook 5 minutes; stirring...
Add sugar + 3 TBSpn h2O
Cover; low heat 10 minutes
After carmelized; add the rest of the ingredients...
Other messages in this thread:
- 21005. Traca, Your Liver Pate was a huge hit. dh was disappointed that there were not any leftovers. - barb_b - 2:30pm on 11/26/11 (4)
- I heard Robert Irvine (FN) say soaking squid in buttermilk before making - Curious1 - 3:49pm on 11/26/11
- Rec: Pickled Red Onions - barb_b - 3:56pm on 11/26/11
- Soaking the livers in milk draws out blood & impurities. The first time I made - Traca - 5:22pm on 11/26/11
- How far ahead can I make this- I'd like to take it to Nantucket for Christmas. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:16pm on 11/27/11