Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Great Homemade Christmas Treat: Pistachio and Tart Cherry Chocolate Bark
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #21043 at 10:26 am on Nov 30, 2011
I saw this recipe yesterday and it looks so good. I'm making this for a friend tonight:
•1 pound(s) semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
•8 ounce(s) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
•12 ounce(s) pistachio nuts, shells removed (1 1/2 cups), toasted
•8 ounce(s) (1 1/2 cups) dried tart cherries
1.Place semisweet chocolate in microwave-safe 8-cup measuring cup or large bowl. Place white chocolate in microwave-safe 2-cup measuring cup or medium bowl. Heat semisweet chocolate in microwave, covered with waxed paper, on High 2 to 3 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. Heat white chocolate in microwave, covered with waxed paper, on High 1 to 2 minutes or until almost melted, stirring once. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
2.Stir 1 cup pistachios and 1 cup cherries into semisweet chocolate. On large cookie sheet, spread chocolate mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness. Spoon dollops of white chocolate onto semisweet-chocolate mixture. With tip of knife, swirl chocolates together for marbled look. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and cherries.
3.Refrigerate bark 1 hour or until firm. Break bark into pieces. Store in tightly sealed container in refrigerator up to 1 month. Pack in decorative boxes lined with waxed tissue paper or colored cellophane for gift giving.
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 21043. Great Homemade Christmas Treat: Pistachio and Tart Cherry Chocolate Bark [LINK] - EvaN - 10:26am on 11/30/11 (4)
- oh, this does sound good! [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:37pm on 11/30/11
- Doesn't the light shining through the nuts look like they're slivered? I'm making this too. [NT] - MarilynFL - 1:12pm on 12/01/11
- we may need to sell matches on the corner to afford the dried cherries though! or maybe a 2nd mortg - AngAk1 - 9:46pm on 12/01/11
- Ang, the first time I heard the story about the little match girl I cried my eyes out! - EvaN - 5:51pm on 12/03/11