Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Derby Pie; huge hit last night. Was asked more than once for a cc of the recipe
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #21155 at 8:21 am on Dec 12, 2011
I served it "warm" (I think it cooled for about an hour). It had a very fudgy cookie texture. The second one cooled all day (I made 2; one for the party and 1 for my parents and in-laws to split), theirs cooled completely. Theirs had a texture of a really dense chocolate chip cookie. It was super easy and worked for me!
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used walnuts)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 stick butter, melted and slightly cooled
10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
1 tsp vanilla
Graham cracker crust (I used store bought)
Preheat oven to 325.
Mix flour and sugar, set aside.
In a seperate bowl, add nuts, eggs, butter, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Mix gently;
Add flour/sugar mixture.
Mix until completely combined.
Pour into crust; bake 1 hour. Cool completely.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21155. Sat Six - barb_b - 1:30pm on 12/11/11 (9)
- Sat Six - SallyBBRR - 5:19pm on 12/11/11
- Sally, is your name change a comment on the winter weather? [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 6:00pm on 12/11/11
- Could definitely be.... - SallyBBRR - 7:00pm on 12/11/11
- bread - cyalexa - 7:39pm on 12/11/11
- Rec: Derby Pie; huge hit last night. Was asked more than once for a cc of the recipe - barb_b - 8:21am on 12/12/11
- Did you use a regular (9") pie plate? Looks great. [NT] - MoNJ - 10:49am on 12/12/11
- Yes I did. [NT] - barb_b - 1:11pm on 12/12/11