Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
cheezz

Rec: Batata bil Kizibra (Potatoes Coriander)

Veteran Member
13617 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #21828 at 12:56 am on Mar 25, 2012

the veggie man kept insisting that cilantro was the same as fresh coriander. In the end I ended up getting the cilantro, but still not sure it was right. The ground coriander tastes 100% different from cilantro.

I used the fresh lemon generously, squirting a good amount between oven tossings. The only thing I would do differently is to double the garlic and add the cilantro the last 10 min. of baking -- I ended up with lots of very burnt crispy cilantro pieces. LOVE the lemon flavor with potatoes.

Batata bil Kizibra (Potatoes Coriander)
Recipe by Jonas & Haas.
Serves 4 as a side.

Ingredients:
1kg potatoes [I made this out to be 2.7 lbs.]
Juice of 2 lemons [plus more for basting with]
Pinch of red chilli flakes
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
1/3 cup chopped coriander [I used cilantro]
1/3 cup chopped parsley
5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed [I would double this]
2 tablespoons olive oil

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180C 200C. [350-375 deg.]
2. Cube potatoes into 1cm cubes. Mix all ingredients [except cilantro/coriander] in a large bowl until potatoes are well coated.
3. Put in large baking dish, lined with baking paper, and space so potatoes are not too crowded.
4. Bake for 45min to 1 hour or until golden brown and a little crispy. [add cilantro/coriander last 10 min.]
5. To get the best results and crispier potatoes, turn them every 20 minutes and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Note: You can also sprinkle in a pinch of citric acid to get very tangy results.

Link: Batata bil Kizibra (Potatoes Coriander)

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!

Other messages in this thread: