Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Layered Mexican Dip.....Always a favourite.
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #2473 at 12:47 pm on Jun 29, 2006
Layered Mexican Dip (A Canadian Living Recipe)
* 1 x 14 oz can refried beans
* 1 1/4 cups light sour cream
* 1/2 tsp ground cumin
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
* 2 avocados
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 2 tbsp lime juice
* 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes
* 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
* 2 tomatoes, chopped
* 1/3 cup sliced green onions
* 1/2 cup sliced pitted black olives
Layered Mexican Dip
1. In bowl, stir together refried beans, 1/4 cup of the sour cream, cumin, 1/4 tsp of the salt and hot pepper sauce; spread in 12-inch round serving dish that is at least 1 1/2 inches deep.
2. Peel and pit avocados. In bowl, mash together avocados, onion, lime juice, hot pepper flakes, 1/4 cup of the remaining sour cream and remaining salt; spread over refried bean layer. Top with remaining sour cream.
3. Starting at outer edge, garnish with concentric rings of cheese, tomatoes, green onions and olives. (Make-ahead: Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
Other messages in this thread:
- 2473. Layered Mexican Dip.....Always a favourite. - Sylvia - 12:47pm on 06/29/06 (0)