Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
I made Emeril's Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble last night. Fast, easy and mmm-gewd.
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #22192 at 2:35 am on Jun 1, 2012
Strawberry-Rhubarb Irish Crumble
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2004. 6 to 8 servings
5 cups quartered STRAWBERRIES
3 cups sliced RHUBARB, about 1/3” thick
½ cup SUGAR
¼ cup CORNSTARCH
1 tsp FRESH LEMON JUICE
¾ cup FLOUR
¾ cup OLD-FASHIONED OATS
l cup packed LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
6 Tbsp cold UNSALTED BUTTER, diced
Preheat oven to 375º F. Lightly grease a 7-x11” baking dish, set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
In a food processor, add the flour, oats, light brown sugar, and salt, stirring to combine. Add the diced butter to the flour mixture, work the mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Pour the crumb mixture evenly on top of the strawberry mixture.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Serve warm with the best vanilla ice cream you can afford!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22192. every year at this time I have to look up Sylvia's Moon Cake to use the first rhubarb. is this T&T? [LINK] - AngAk1 - 11:14pm on 05/31/12 (4)
- How is your rhubarb? This areas crop has been almost non-exhistant, due to the weather. - Dawn_MO - 2:19am on 06/01/12
- we have a bumper crop this year. best ever. that's what record snowfall will do. good blanket and - AngAk1 - 6:38pm on 06/01/12
- I made Emeril's Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble last night. Fast, easy and mmm-gewd. - Steve2 in LA - 2:35am on 06/01/12
- yum thanks. I have to make something for a work BBQ next friday. perfect! will double it. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:47pm on 06/01/12