Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Australian Spiced Dried Fig Jam- sorry this took me so long to post.
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #22483 at 1:18 pm on Jul 15, 2012
Australian Spiced Dried Fig Jam
Complete Book of Small Batch Preserving
8 oz. Dried figs
2 ¼ cups water
4 ½ cups gran. Sugar
¼ tsp. cinnamon (I add more)
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 box dry fruit pectin
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Combine figs and water in medium bowl. Let stand for 8 hours or overnight
Drain figs, reserving liquid. Remove and discard stems and chop fruit finely. Place chopped fruit in a 4 cup liquid measure and add reserved liquid and enough water to bring level to 3 cups.
Combine sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl. Set aside.
Place fig mixture, pectin, lemon rind and juice in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar-spice mixture, return to a full boil and boil hard for 1 min., stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Ladle into sterilized jars and process. (I don’t process and never have a problem)
Makes 5 cups
Really good with cheese!
Other messages in this thread:
- 22483. Rec: Australian Spiced Dried Fig Jam- sorry this took me so long to post. - CynUpstateNY - 1:18pm on 07/15/12 (7)
- Hi Cyndi, did you get to go to the Lavender Festival? We didn't make it this - DawnNYS - 7:15pm on 07/15/12
- Nope. Rough week for me. My 96 year old aunt fell and ended up in - CynUpstateNY - 9:55pm on 07/15/12
- Oh no! I hope she's doing better. [NT] - DawnNYS - 6:27pm on 07/16/12
- I made this jam yesterday. Someone posted it above. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:23pm on 07/15/12
- Sorry. I just remembered someone wanted it. Did'nt look above. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:56pm on 07/15/12
- It's good! [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 10:48pm on 07/15/12
- Thanks, Cyn. I missed it further up thread. Can't wait to try this! [NT] - Traca - 11:58pm on 07/15/12