Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Ah kin one-up ya on that thar tip: MY favorite tip on enchiladas. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #2552 at 9:05 pm on Jul 6, 2006
Heat your enchilada sauce till steaming and insert plain, very fresh tortilla (preferably corn), let soak till very pliable, lift out with tongs or a pair of forks to a plate, fill as desired, roll and eat or bake.
Make sure you don't soak the tortilla so long that it falls apart. Just soak till very pliable.
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 2552. help -- how to make cheese enchiladas? - ellen - 5:54pm on 07/06/06 (16)
- Hi Ellen, Here is our T&T favorite - Cheese Enchiladas with Green Saucefrom the old Trader Vics >>> - Heather_in_SF - 6:39pm on 07/06/06
- Check this one out... [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 6:47pm on 07/06/06
- Thanks Meryl, this one has flown under my radar and looks wonderful. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:51pm on 07/07/06
- My favorite tip on enchiladas (more) - Melissa Dallas - 7:23pm on 07/06/06
- Great tip, Melissa- doing them individually is such a pain. Thanks for posting [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 8:57pm on 07/06/06
- Ah kin one-up ya on that thar tip: MY favorite tip on enchiladas. . . - mistral - 9:05pm on 07/06/06
- I do the same, 'cept I use my fingers. Less fat, too! I also use a sharp cheddar for the filling - LisainLA - 11:29pm on 07/06/06
- Martha, my housekeeper from Mexicali, would have a cow reading this. To her, the ONLY way to - Joe - 5:36am on 07/07/06
- I agree with your housekeeper--enchilada means, roughly "surrounded by chiles". . . - mistral - 2:48pm on 07/07/06
- Almost same EXCEPT-- I "dry fry" each tortilla on both sides in a heated - Luisa_Calif - 11:46am on 07/07/06
- Gooness! Seems like you are doing alot your work. . . - mistral - 2:52pm on 07/07/06
- Probably but it actually goes pretty quickly & I like the toasted taste of heating them dry first. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 3:51pm on 07/07/06
- I find that if you don't fry them lightly first, then when dipped they really fall apart... [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:27pm on 07/07/06
- I never fry first and have no problems unless I am using very old tortilla from my fridge. (nt) [NT] - mistral - 1:25am on 07/08/06
- ah, I'll have to try this next time, anything to lessen the guilt! nt [NT] - Heather_in_SF - 8:10pm on 07/11/06
- This is my favorite enchilada sauce REC: EARLY TEXAS (POOR BOY) ENCHILADA SAUCE - Dawn_MO - 3:17pm on 07/07/06