Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Red Pepper Feta Dip (T & T)
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #2561 at 2:14 pm on Jul 7, 2006
Red Pepper Feta Dip
A Canadian Living Recipe
No mezé, or hors-d’oeuvre, platter is complete without a dip, and this simple one is intensely flavourful. Serve with pitas, flatbreads or crisp vegetables.
2 Large sweet red peppers 2
1 cup Crumbled feta cheese (3 oz/90 g) 175 mL
2 tsp Red wine vinegar10 mL
Pinch Each granulated sugar and cayenne Pinch
Place peppers on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and cook,turning often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until charred. Let cool; peel and seed.
In blender or food processor, purée together peppers, feta cheese, vinegar,sugar and cayenne. (Dip can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.)
Makes 1 cup (250 mL).
Per 1 tbsp (15 mL): about 21 cal, 1 g pro, 1 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 2 g carb, trace fibre, 5 mg chol, 65 mg sodium. % RDI: 3% calcium, 1% iron, 8% vit A, 57% vit C, 2% folate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2561. Please post your favourite veggie dip recipes. [NT] - Sylvia - 2:08pm on 07/07/06 (23)
- Roasted Sweet Onion Dip (T & T) - Sylvia - 2:09pm on 07/07/06
- Red Pepper Feta Dip (T & T) - Sylvia - 2:14pm on 07/07/06
- Sun-dried tomato dip - lizzy - 2:40pm on 07/07/06
- Rec: Blue Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Dip [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 4:05pm on 07/07/06
- From Ron in Worcester: Baked Vidalia Onion Dip - CynUpstateNY - 4:55pm on 07/07/06
- recipe - torie ritchie's Roasted Vegetable Platter with Arugula [NT] - GayR - 6:16pm on 07/07/06
- Disregard above - Recipe Torie Ritchie's Roasted Vegetable Platter with Arugula Green Goddess Dip [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 6:19pm on 07/07/06
- Gay, this sounds so unusual! Do you have access to their site? I would be curious - barb_b - 9:01pm on 07/08/06
- Barb, I found it...not that easy to do either. You can see the others by [LINK] - orchid - 9:35pm on 07/08/06
- Orchid!! Thanks so much! I am impressed! I could not figure it out! They recipes look great! [NT] - barb_b - 11:38pm on 07/08/06
- That should be the recipes look great! And thanks once again, Gay for finding fun, innovative rec's [NT] - barb_b - 1:26am on 07/09/06
- My pleasure, barb. [NT] - GayR - 4:11am on 07/09/06
- Barb, Sorry I just read your post. Thank you orchid for the link. [NT] - GayR - 1:19am on 07/09/06
- Rec: Artichoke Olive Dip from Epi [LINK] - Junebug - 6:30am on 07/08/06
- REC: Jody's Curry Vegetable Dip - OrigCyn - 10:53am on 07/08/06
- REC: Beau Monde Vegetable Dip #1 - OrigCyn - 10:57am on 07/08/06
- Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten it. Brings back old memories>>>>>> - Janet in NC - 5:45pm on 07/08/06
- RE: rum dip - OrigCyn - 1:36am on 07/13/06
- REC: Beau Monde Vegetable Dip #2 (with rum <GBG>) - OrigCyn - 10:59am on 07/08/06
- Thank you all for your wonderful dip contributions. I'm always looking for new ones. [NT] - Sylvia - 11:57am on 07/08/06
- Ditto - I just made a batch of Ina Garten's potato chips & can't wait to try these nt [NT] - Music City Missy - 12:26am on 07/09/06
- Link to Alton Brown's Roasted Veggie Dip. so good. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 8:26pm on 07/10/06
- Heather's Contribution: Carrie's "Great" Dip [NT] [LINK] - Sylvia - 11:58am on 07/11/06