Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 18, 2005
Posted to Thread #22677 at 10:40 am on Aug 17, 2012
I almost never make anything pre-packaged. But I have given in on brownies. After trying a ton of recipes, none of which I couldn't live without, in a pinch I tried the Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix. That is exactly the type of brownie I am after. Not cakey - more fudgey. Good full chocolate taste. I wish I had a recipe of my own that was as good.
Anyway, I took them to a party, and they got rave reviews. I'm embarrassed to say I was asked to bring them to another party in a week.
I would love to find a similar recipe to bake from scratch. Anyone have a great brownie recipe - not fancy - straight chocolate (maybe with chocolate chips) that is on the fudgey side that you would share? I will continue my quest for the perfect homemade brownie.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22677. Brownies? - AndreainDC - 10:40am on 08/17/12 (25)
- Hi missy...so nice to see you! I've traveled your path and still haven't nailed it down. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:46am on 08/17/12
- Sadly, NOT T&T: Ghirardelli's brownies [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:58am on 08/17/12
- Another Non-T&T: John Scharffenberger's Favorite Brownies [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:00pm on 08/17/12
- Hi, Andrea- I, too, have given up (except for my fudge topped brownies) and - CynUpstateNY - 2:59pm on 08/17/12
- The fudge topped brownies are so good! I've made them many times, Cyn - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:58pm on 08/17/12
- My go to "plain" brownie is Nick Malgieri's Supernatural Brownies [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 5:05pm on 08/17/12
- The "Baked" Brownies are fantastic - they're my absolute favorite: [LINK] - Meryl - 5:13pm on 08/17/12
- See Andrea...aren't you sorry you asked now. Say goodbye to those skinny jeans. [NT] - MarilynFL - 5:31pm on 08/17/12
- REC: Chewy Brownies..Ci also preferred Ghirardelli brownies in their testing of boxed mixes, they - charlie - 5:56pm on 08/17/12
- You guys are awesome! Thanks from me, if not my thighs... The testing will begin next week. - AndreainDC - 10:32pm on 08/17/12
- I wouldn't want you to shoulder the brunt of all that tasting on yourself so, I hereby volunteer to - Steve2 in LA - 10:45pm on 08/17/12
- Always ever so kind and helpful...just what I would expect from an Angeleno :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:13am on 08/18/12
- We expect a full review of the ones you try! [NT] - Meryl - 10:57pm on 08/17/12
- I have a soft spot for the Ghirardelli box, too. ;) Here's Ina Garten's recipe for the collection. - ErininNY - 1:57am on 08/18/12
- I also use Ghirardelli boxed on occasion - prepare them with coffee in place of the water, mmmm! - LisainLA - 2:31am on 08/18/12
- Coffee with chocolate is always a good idea! I always use instant or brewed espresso. [NT] - Meryl - 3:10am on 08/18/12
- Yes! I like the instant espresso for this. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:43pm on 08/18/12
- Coffee instead of water, of course, and swirl in about 1/2 cup peanut butter [NT] - cheezz - 4:14am on 08/18/12
- Oh no - I didn't think of peanut butter...mmm. [NT] - LisainLA - 4:43pm on 08/18/12
- Nuke the pb for a few seconds to soften, the drop spoonful all over and swirl w/ chopstick or knife [NT] - cheezz - 8:21pm on 08/18/12
- stop it cheezz, just stop! too much for me to take in this Monday morning. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:01pm on 08/20/12
- I'm really good at tempting...and enabling...it's a gift [NT] - cheezz - 9:17pm on 08/20/12
- My very very favorite brownie recipe - Almond Macaroon Brownies [LINK] - cheezz - 9:20pm on 08/20/12
- Rec: Fudge Bars - rhoward2va - 11:00pm on 08/27/12