Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Typically Texas II Cookbook
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posted to Thread #2571 at 11:53 am on Jul 8, 2006
I e-mailed the blog to request the recipe. No luck.
I eventually contacted Texas Coop Power thru their website. They wrote: "Both the Typically Texas I & II Cookbooks are out of print. However, I keep a copy in my office for just such emergencies! Below you'll find that Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie recipe. You might be interested to know that our new cookbook, 60 Years of Home Cooking, has selected from both Typically I & II, as well as recipes from the last 60 years of Texas Coop Power..."
I read a blog where someone said these are the best:
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups Quaker oats
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped peans
Cream shortening and sugars; add eggs and mix well. Add vanilla.
Sift flour, baking powder, salt and soda together, and add to creamed mixture.
Then oats, chips and pecans.
Drop from teaspoon onto greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Do not over bake.
Other messages in this thread:
- 2571. Afavorite at our house during peach season Ann this came from Typically Texas cookbook we had been - - GailNJ - 2:10am on 07/08/06 (6)
- Rec: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies from Typically Texas II Cookbook - Ann - 11:53am on 07/08/06
- Do you think I could substitute butter for the shortening? - lizzy - 1:34pm on 07/08/06
- I have been making these for years with butter and/or margerine>>>>>>>>> - Janet in NC - 5:43pm on 07/08/06
- Thanks, Janet! (NT) [NT] - lizzy - 5:53pm on 07/08/06
- Baked the Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies this weekend with no substitutions and pecans >> - Ann - 12:29pm on 07/10/06
- Gail - just made this with blueberries... - Music City Missy - 7:02pm on 07/09/06