Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Lebanese Potatoes - potatoes+lemon....yum!
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #17858 at 11:53 pm on Sep 4, 2012
Batata bil Kizibra (Potatoes Coriander) [Lebanese]
Recipe by Jonas & Haas.
Serves 4 as a side.
1kg potatoes (2.2 lbs.)
Juice of 2 lemons
Pinch of chilli flakes
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
1/3 cup chopped coriander
1/3 cup chopped parsley
5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 180’C – 200’C.
2. Cube potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until potatoes are well coated.
3. Put in large baking dish, lined with baking paper, and space so potatoes are not too crowded.
4. Bake for 45min to 1 hour or until golden brown and a little crispy.
5. To get the best results and crispier potatoes, turn them every 20 minutes and add a squeeze of lemon juice.
Note: You can also sprinkle in a pinch of citric acid to get very tangy results.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17858. What is your favorite Chicken breast (skinned and boned) recipe? I usually only use breasts when... - elaine - 5:48pm on 03/03/10 (45)
- Lisa in LA's Greek-Style Stuffed Chicken breasts are so good. They're in T&T.> [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:34pm on 03/03/10
- If calories aren't a concern try Chicken Breast in Sundried tomato Cream - Luisa_Calif - 6:39pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Eggplant Parmigiana is another favorite. Recipe from The Southern Living Cookbook. - Curious1 - 6:50pm on 03/03/10
- Why is a rolling pin suggested for pounding? I don't want my rolling pin anywhere near raw chicken. - Curious1 - 6:53pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Curried Chicken and Peach Saute - cheezz - 7:30pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken with Cashews - cheezz - 7:31pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chopstick Chicken - cheezz - 7:35pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Pistachio Crusted Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! - cheezz - 7:38pm on 03/03/10
- Printed! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 12:16am on 03/04/10
- Slight variation that I've made and make often - w/walnuts and a couple of tweaks for low-carb - DawnNYS - 11:41am on 03/04/10
- REC: Chicken and Broccoli with Walnuts - cheezz - 7:39pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Hearty Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie - cheezz - 7:39pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Sesame Chicken with Noodles (I like this because it's done in the microwave) - cheezz - 7:40pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken Almondine - cheezz - 7:41pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce - posted by MOMMYTO2BOYS - cheezz - 7:46pm on 03/03/10
- This sauce is also used with salmon in this recipe: - EvaN - 10:27am on 03/04/10
- Oh! I've used the sauce for salmon.... works beautifully! [NT] - cheezz - 7:43pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - cheezz - 7:49pm on 03/03/10
- obviously I much prefer cooking with chicken breasts *g* [NT] - cheezz - 7:49pm on 03/03/10
- Thanks all. Think I will start with Chix, eggplant dish or the cashew. Thanks again. [NT] - elaine - 7:35pm on 03/03/10
- REC: Chicken in Poblano Cream Sauce -- Melissa Dallas posted this and it's TDF! - cheezz - 7:45pm on 03/03/10
- I second that!! [NT] - Glennis_NoCA - 3:51am on 03/09/10
- Me Three! It makes lots of sauce which is great over linguini. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 6:55pm on 03/09/10
- Croissant Breakfast Casserole from Deb in MI - fabulous!! - cheezz - 11:37pm on 09/04/12
- Chile Rellenos Casserole from Orchid -another one of my standbys [my notes in brackets] - cheezz - 11:38pm on 09/04/12
- Neighbor Dorothy's Heavenly Caramel Cake - cheezz - 11:40pm on 09/04/12
- Chipotle's Beef Barbacoa - cheezz - 11:42pm on 09/04/12
- Orange Beef with Cashews - sorry, don't know the source of this - cheezz - 11:44pm on 09/04/12
- Oven-Fried Chicken (from my sis and I) - cheezz - 11:45pm on 09/04/12
- Chicken Tetrazzini from Melissa Dallas - cheezz - 11:47pm on 09/04/12
- Penne with Salmon, from 1996 Family Circle - cheezz - 11:48pm on 09/04/12
- Brazilian Hot Sauce (nothing hot in it - trust me - it's just a tasty pureed veggie sauce!) - cheezz - 11:51pm on 09/04/12
- Lebanese Potatoes - potatoes+lemon....yum! - cheezz - 11:53pm on 09/04/12
- Hazelnut-crusted Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Cream sauce [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 8:44pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Tarragon - Pam - 9:29pm on 03/03/10
- Easy Orange Chicken (Also posted in T&T) - Meryl - 9:34pm on 03/03/10
- Southwestern Chicken Skillet [LINK] - Meryl - 9:37pm on 03/03/10
- Chicken Gyros with Yogurt-Dill Sauce [LINK] - Meryl - 9:38pm on 03/03/10
- 7 C's Chicken [LINK] - Michael in Sarasota - 12:16am on 03/04/10
- So many great ones here - will be doing chicken breasts for dinner for a while. Thanks all!! [NT] - elaine - 4:16am on 03/04/10
- elaine, I put this in 'Great Threads' so we can all find it easily. [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:44pm on 03/04/10
- Honey Sesame Chicken w/ Sun-Bird seasoning mix - BobbiJoAZ - 2:25pm on 03/04/10
- Darcy's Chicken Casserole - lorijean - 3:16pm on 03/05/10