Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Also want to try these Oven-Dried Tomatoes, using
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #22907 at 3:40 pm on Sep 25, 2012
the sungolds and tiny cherry tomatoes from the garden, and then use them in the
Oven-Dried Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese and Black Olives (next recipe)...but I'm planning to use feta in place of the goat cheese (not a fan of goat cheese).
Oven-Dried Tomatoes (1 pint)
2 pints cherry tomatoes, cut in half
3 tablespoons chopped basil
2 tablespoons chopped oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
Pre-heat the oven to 225° F.
Cut the tomatoes in half, add fresh garlic, olive oil, basil, oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Spread them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in the oven.
Bake for one hour, then turn off the oven and allow the tomatoes to sit overnight in the warmth of the oven.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22907. Cherry tomoatoes. I have a small pail of them. What to do? - Marg CDN2 - 3:09pm on 09/25/12 (13)
- Here's another pasta you might like-REC: Pasta with Kalamata olives & Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce... - charlie - 3:24pm on 09/25/12
- This is a favorite for us! [NT] - Curious1 - 4:31pm on 09/25/12
- Rec: Pearl Couscous with Olives and Roasted Tomatoes -- Had an abundance of cherry [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:28pm on 09/25/12
- This looks really good. And I saw Pearl couscous in the bulk dept of our new Whole Foods. [NT] - Curious1 - 4:34pm on 09/25/12
- Here's a blast from the past--Sally/CT's "Andrea's Garlic Salad"... - charlie - 3:32pm on 09/25/12
- Dinner tonight. Perfect. Thanks Charlie. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 4:15pm on 09/25/12
- Also want to try these Oven-Dried Tomatoes, using [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:40pm on 09/25/12
- planning to use the oven dried tomatoes in this tart [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:43pm on 09/25/12
- I make a similar tart with goat cheese & this is a grand idea, to roast the tomatoes. Betting it - Marg CDN2 - 4:14pm on 09/25/12
- Perhaps your friend would be happy receiving - Pat-NoCal - 5:30pm on 09/25/12
- Wow! How lucky! Sylvia posted Rec: tomato antipasto skewers w/ herb viniagrette [LINK] - barb_b - 7:59pm on 09/25/12
- Linguine with cherry tomatoes and breadcrumb gremolata...looks good. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 5:57pm on 09/27/12
- Thank you all. I'm making a few of these this weekend. Pat the drying idea to give - Marg CDN2 - 7:06pm on 09/28/12