Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Parmesan-roasted Butternut Squash. I made this tonight and it was absolutely wonderful,
Joined: Dec 14, 2005
Posted to Thread #23374 at 4:12 am on Dec 6, 2012
simple and delicious:
Parmesan-Roasted Butternut Squash
Gourmet | November 2008
by Maggie Ruggiero
The best qualities of a gratin shine in this incredibly simple side dish: Pieces of sweet butternut squash and a flurry of salty Parmigiano-Reggiano meld with cream to form a warm, cohesive whole.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
Active Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr
2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 sage leaves
2/3 cup finely grated parmigiano-reggiano
Preheat oven to 400°F with rack in middle.
Toss squash with cream, sage, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a 2-quart shallow baking dish. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.
Stir in half of cheese and sprinkle remainder on top. Roast, uncovered, until squash is tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving (cream will thicken).
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/printerfriendly/Parmesan-Roasted-Butternut-Squash-350608#ixzz2EF2wgtal
Other messages in this thread:
- 23374. REC: Parmesan-roasted Butternut Squash. I made this tonight and it was absolutely wonderful, [LINK] - Joe - 4:12am on 12/06/12 (4)
- Wow, this looks great! [NT] - LisainLA - 6:50am on 12/06/12
- Well, with 2/3 cup cheese and 3/4 cup cream it had better be wonderful....and make me breakfast! [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 7:58am on 12/06/12
- Must try - thanks Joe [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:36am on 12/06/12
- Thank you again! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 3:36am on 12/21/12