Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This Sweet/Hot Mustard is perfect with ham or salami or pretzels or...
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #23503 at 10:11 pm on Dec 22, 2012
well, you get the idea. It is both a little hot/spicey and sweet. Delicious to put out on a meat and cheese platter or bread sticks etc. It must be kept in the fridge or I freeze it. It doesn't freeze hard so I can just scoop out as much as I want whenever I want.
Sweet, Hot Mustard Dip
4 ounces mustard powder
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 1/2 cups white vinegar
6 tablespoons butter
3 whole eggs -- beaten
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
Mix first 4 ingredients with enough water to make a smooth paste. Stir in vinegar and sugars. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and blend in butter till melted. Beat 3 eggs until lemon colored. Temper eggs with a small amount of the hot mixture and then pour eggs into the saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Pour into sterilized jars and refrigerate or freeze.
Makes 5 - 1/2 pint jars.
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23503. I'm looking for a sauce to serve with ham that isn't spiral sliced and glazed. Does anyone have one? [NT] - Curious1 - 7:30pm on 12/22/12 (10)
- Last time I baked a ham, I served a horseradish sauce with it. - judy-mass - 8:07pm on 12/22/12
- Thanks, looks good to me, I think I need something sweet or fruity for picky guests. [NT] - Curious1 - 8:15pm on 12/22/12
- Dawn MO has a great Jezebel sauce for ham [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 8:06pm on 12/24/12
- Here's a Raisin Sauce that I've done for ham. It's very good. [NT] [LINK] - Sylvia - 8:59pm on 12/22/12
- This Sweet/Hot Mustard is perfect with ham or salami or pretzels or... - orchid - 10:11pm on 12/22/12
- Thanks ladies, both look delicious. [NT] - Curious1 - 5:44pm on 12/23/12
- Monte's Ham also posted in T&T - MariaDNoCA - 3:00am on 12/24/12
- Christmas Ham With Bacardi Rum Raisin Sauce - MariaDNoCA - 3:02am on 12/24/12
- This is really good! This is the recipe that my Mom always made when I was a kid. I called her - barb_b - 1:49pm on 12/24/12
- From my EPi try file: Marmalade-Glazed Ham with Sweet Orange-Tea Sauce [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:06am on 12/24/12