Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I make these Shortbread cookies from Ina Garten quite often. very good and flat.
Joined: Sep 12, 2011
Posted to Thread #23654 at 9:20 pm on Jan 15, 2013
I find that rolling out just a small amount of dough to cut just 2 cookies at a time makes for easier rolling. I bought some of those measuring rings for my rolling pin and used them for gingerbread cookies---what a great invention. nice evenly rolled dough every time.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23654. I'm thinking way ahead here, but for February's - DawnNYS - 9:07pm on 01/14/13 (17)
- I highly recommend these - Penny's Cookies, they hold their shape very well. [LINK] - LisainLA - 1:05am on 01/15/13
- I agree. I'm not very good with cut-out cookis & these even work for me. - Melissa Dallas - 1:14am on 01/15/13
- I googled to see a picture of them and I see that there are 2 versions - DawnNYS - 7:22pm on 01/15/13
- Penny's makes really good cookies but I wouldn't consider it a flat cookie - cheezz - 3:03am on 01/15/13
- I was answering based on "flat" as in "not puffy" :-) These can be rolled super thin - - LisainLA - 4:52am on 01/15/13
- Yes, flat, as in easy to write on. Not bumpy :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:42pm on 01/15/13
- Oh, I see...yes. Here's a pic of some I did for a baby shower [LINK] - cheezz - 2:31am on 01/16/13
- Well done Cheezz! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:47am on 01/16/13
- Those are adorable! How thick did you roll the dough - LisainLA - 3:21pm on 01/16/13
- Yes, it's Penny's sugar cookies. I rolled two cookies about 1/8" thick and sandwiched - cheezz - 12:37am on 01/17/13
- Thanks deb :) [NT] - cheezz - 12:38am on 01/17/13
- What a cute idea! Good job - are they the Penny's recipe? [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:58pm on 01/16/13
- This is my go to recipe for sugar cookies and icing; never fails - deb-in-MI - 11:15am on 01/15/13
- Heres a nice flat one I use from Emily Luchetti... - charlie - 5:53pm on 01/15/13
- Thanks Charlie. These sound like some "lace" cookies I had once. They sound very good! [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:45pm on 01/15/13
- I make these Shortbread cookies from Ina Garten quite often. very good and flat. [LINK] - AngAk1 - 9:20pm on 01/15/13
- Yum! I love shortbread cookies. I've got to get some of those measuring rings! [NT] - cheezz - 2:34am on 01/16/13