Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Martin Yan's Sweet and Spicy Peanut Noodles
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #2782 at 7:00 pm on Jul 28, 2006
Adapted from "Martin Yan's Quick & Easy"
(Chronicle Books, 2004)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, minced
16 ounces fresh or dried Chinese egg noodles or dried spaghetti
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
1/3 cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Combine dressing ingredients in blender; whirl until smooth. Transfer the dressing to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package instructions; drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
Transfer the noodles to bowl with dressing. Add cilantro and green onions and toss until noodles are well dressed. Sprinkle peanuts over the top. Serve noodles hot, warm or at room temperature. They make a great side dish to any summer barbecue.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 2782. ISO favorite recipes using cilantro [NT] - MiainMD - 3:29am on 07/27/06 (17)
- Here's one of my favorite -- Zesty Chicken marinade - MiainMD - 3:33am on 07/27/06
- Black Bean Patties With Cilantro and Lime; Carrot, Orange, and Radish Salad; - Meryl - 4:50am on 07/27/06
- The black beans with cilantro and lime recipe looks yummy -- - MiainMD - 12:17am on 07/28/06
- REC: Black Bean Patties With Cilantro And Lime... - Meryl - 1:04am on 07/28/06
- Epi's Grilled Korean Steaks with Spicy Cilantro Sauce - ValinFL - 9:07pm on 07/27/06
- Chimichurri sauce for grilled steaks etc....Will find rec: to post if you are interested. [NT] - barb_b - 12:44am on 07/28/06
- Mark Bittman has a pasta with cilantro & charred onion that's good. - AndreainDC - 2:38am on 07/28/06
- Cilantro Cumber Relish - sandra-in-london - 11:51am on 07/28/06
- Try adding it to tuna salad, chicken salad, potato salad, - Dawn_MO - 4:34pm on 07/28/06
- Here are a bunch of RECS: - Dawn_MO - 5:38pm on 07/28/06
- A pesto found at Chocolate & Zucchini site. - AngAk - 6:30pm on 07/28/06
- Rec: Martin Yan's Sweet and Spicy Peanut Noodles - DawnNYS - 7:00pm on 07/28/06
- Rec: Spicey Mexican Pork Stew - DawnNYS - 7:04pm on 07/28/06
- REC: Cilantro Almond Relish (for dipping grilled shrimp)..... - Barbara in VA - 3:01pm on 07/29/06
- Rec: Vietnamese Chicken Lettuce Cups with Exotic Herbs - Lin_in_Seattle - 10:58pm on 07/29/06
- Rec: Pineapple Avocado Salsa - Lin_in_Seattle - 11:04pm on 07/29/06
- Thank you! [NT] - MiainMD - 1:34am on 07/30/06