Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Tomato Tartin - perfect summer fare. Simply delicious!
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #24884 at 4:46 am on Aug 26, 2013
I made this tonight and all I can say is WOW. Note: I needed 1 3/4 pounds of tomatoes, not the recommended 2 pounds.
I sprinkled in a bit of olive tapenade (purchased from the olive bar), but honestly, it doesn't need it. That crust? Normally I'm not wild about crust, but this was lovely.
I really like the overall concept of this dish and it opens up to many possibilities, sweet and savory. I can't wait to try swapping the tomatoes for mushrooms. As it is, I'll be making the original recipe again later this week. :)
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 24884. Tomato Tartin - perfect summer fare. Simply delicious! [LINK] - Traca - 4:46am on 08/26/13 (10)
- Must try - gorgeous! Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:58am on 08/26/13
- Me too, I wanna make one, it looks so good! Thanks for posting Traca. [NT] - Barbara in VA - 4:18pm on 08/26/13
- Yum - I need to make this! Please report on other veg if you try. [NT] - cyalexa2 - 6:09pm on 08/26/13
- question, if you made this the day before serving, would you leave it in the pan and flip it over - AngAk1 - 7:32pm on 08/26/13
- I made it last night, flipped, but fell asleep w/out wrapping leftovers. It was fine - Traca - 8:22pm on 08/26/13
- I need my coffee, I read this as "I made it last night, flipped out, fell asleep..." [NT] - barb_b - 12:45pm on 08/27/13
- Traca, what kind of tomatoes did you use? [Please, dear Lord, let it be mealy, mediocre FL ones] [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:32am on 08/27/13
- Yep. Supermarket Roma tomatoes. [NT] - Traca - 5:20pm on 08/27/13