Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC Baked Hawaiian Sliders
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24970 at 7:55 pm on Sep 8, 2013
Tried something similar to this yesterday at a local food "fair"/charity event.
1-2 packages of Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 onion, minced
1 stick of butter
3 Tbs of Dijon Mustard
2-3 teaspoons of Worcestershire Sauce
3 teaspoons of poppy seeds (optional)
1 1/2 pounds of shaved deli ham
8-10 slices of Swiss or American cheese
In a sauce pan, melt butter and cook onions until soft. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and poppy seeds. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Slice rolls down the middle and place in a pan with foil. Place 2/3 of mixture on bottom of rolls. Add ham and then cheese, then top with the other side of the rolls and spoon the rest of the mixture on top.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven and when cooled slightly, cut where the separations are from the rolls.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 24970. REC Baked Hawaiian Sliders - DawnNYS - 7:55pm on 09/08/13 (4)
- I've made these several times. Insanely good! [NT] - Traca - 7:21am on 09/09/13
- Sound so good! Are they sticky/gooey, hard to pick up with your fingers? TNX [NT] - Marianne - 2:25pm on 09/09/13
- Most of the liquid is absorbed in the bread, but the cheese melts and it can - Traca - 8:42pm on 09/09/13
- 'Agree with Traca, but we just use forks if it's too sloppy ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 9:37pm on 09/09/13