Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Morning Glory Muffins, from Cook's Country where it seems C Kimbell had a hand in them..
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #25147 at 3:24 pm on Oct 14, 2013
I watched this not long ago where he told the tale of how these were invented/reinvented back in his golden Grateful Dead days and he was a Dead Head. So, wanted to include his updated(?) version.
Morning Glory Muffins
from America's Test Kitchen
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, melted & cooled
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 carrots, peeled and grated - about 2 cups
1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained and dried on paper towels
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and coat a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together.
3. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla together until smooth.
4. Carefully add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until just combined.
5. Add in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, raisins, and walnuts. Mix carefully.
6. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Bake until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached, 22-27 minutes.
7. Cool in pan for about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack.
The man who carries a cat by the tail learns something that can be learned in no other way. - MTwain
Other messages in this thread:
- 25147. Does anyone have the old REC (I originally got it from GOURMET mag probab early 90s) for Morning - wigs - 3:11pm on 10/14/13 (12)
- Morning Glory Muffins, from Cook's Country where it seems C Kimbell had a hand in them.. [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:24pm on 10/14/13
- Original version, published in Gourmet Magazine in 1981, and in 1991 as 1 of 25 favorites of 50 yrs [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:25pm on 10/14/13
- Oh, oh...I may have this. Was it from a restaurant recipe...rather than a Gourmet recipe? - MarilynFL - 3:26pm on 10/14/13
- wigs, here is the old copy I have: Morning Glory Muffins from Morning Glory Cafe - MarilynFL - 10:24pm on 10/14/13
- wow, large recipe. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:45pm on 10/15/13
- Also, Morning Glorious Muffins posted here by Barbara in VA [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 3:30pm on 10/14/13
- It is an old recipe. I have it in a 1970s community cookbook. One of the cafeterias around here - Melissa Dallas - 8:40pm on 10/14/13
- are there still cafeterias out there? I remember Wyatts [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:44pm on 10/15/13
- Here's a recipe from the Gourmet Cookbook, no canned pineapple in it. - Curious1 - 8:41pm on 10/14/13
- Btw, I used to go to an Australian site that had lots of old BA and Gourmet recipes. Can't find it - Curious1 - 8:46pm on 10/14/13
- You know, if you have a carrot cake recipe you could add raisins & chopped apple & it would be about - Melissa Dallas - 2:46am on 10/15/13
- Thanks a million to all who replied! I could only seem to find RECs that were close 2 what GOURMET - wigs - 1:47pm on 10/15/13