Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Update - I just bought a box of Domino Dark Brown, and it's definitely lighter than before. I had
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #25138 at 1:32 am on Nov 6, 2013
some left from a previous box to compare. Not only is the new stuff lighter, but it doesn't have that nice deep molasses scent as before. It's still darker than the light brown, but not anywhere near as dark as the original dark brown.
I guess it's time to make my own. Which type of molasses should I use to add to white sugar?
A balanced diet is equal parts of milk and dark chocolate.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25138. What's happened to dark brown sugar - anyone else notice this? - MariaDNoCA - 3:54pm on 10/12/13 (19)
- I just bought a box of Imperial dark brown & there is a big difference in theirs - Melissa Dallas - 6:51pm on 10/12/13
- I bought some molasses in case I can't find the good stuff. So strange! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:32pm on 10/12/13
- Can't recall seeing that brand here, but I'll look - thanks! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:33pm on 10/12/13
- Imperial is based in Sugar Land, Texas and I think is just a regional brand. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 8:10pm on 10/12/13
- I think it was C&H that I thought looked more like dry granulated than brown the other day. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:48pm on 10/12/13
- And yes, I thought it looked dry too - what I could see via the plastic bag packaging. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:23pm on 10/12/13
- I buy Domino brown sugar, and the dark brown is still dark brown. Here's what the box looks like: [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 7:53pm on 10/12/13
- I'll have to see who carries what, normally C&H or store brand are the only options around here [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:22pm on 10/12/13
- I just used C&h's contact page and told them: . . . - mistral - 6:56pm on 10/13/13
- Email C&H and complain! [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 8:23pm on 10/12/13
- There is a C&H plant locally, so plan to call them on Monday to do so. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 10:20pm on 10/12/13
- okay, this is what I have learned about brown sugar (more) - daricem - 10:20pm on 10/12/13
- Good to know! [NT] - Traca - 1:52pm on 10/13/13
- Wow, this is good to know. Thanks. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:11pm on 10/13/13
- Interesting, thank you. I've been getting a lot of variations lately and wondering - pmassell_93 - 6:34pm on 10/13/13
- I thought it was getting lighter! Glad it's not just me [NT] - cheezz - 2:35am on 10/13/13
- Yes, it's all about the industrial food complex... - Richard in Cincy - 3:35am on 10/13/13
- I have been buying the big bags of raw sugar from Costco. - Lana in FL - 4:46pm on 10/13/13
- Update - I just bought a box of Domino Dark Brown, and it's definitely lighter than before. I had - Meryl - 1:32am on 11/06/13