Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Best recipe I've made in a long time: Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #25470 at 7:20 pm on Dec 16, 2013
This recipe comes from cookbook author Andrea Nguyen. I have several of her books and have found her recipes are spot on with big, bold flavor. I found this recipe in my "To try" file and finally made it this week. Let's just say, I'm kicking myself for not discovering it sooner!
The marinade...throw everything in a blender and viola! I tripled the recipe, cut a pork shoulder up into 1/2" steaks, 4-5" long and marinated them for 24 hours. The recipe recommends grilling but I don't have one, so I broiled them on one side on high about 4" from the broiler unit until they got a bit charred in places. Rest, then eat. So unbelievably good!
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 25470. Best recipe I've made in a long time: Vietnamese Lemongrass Pork [LINK] [IMAGE] - Traca - 7:20pm on 12/16/13 (13)
- Wow. That's it. I'm out. Can't top "Wow." [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:58pm on 12/16/13
- Looks gorgeous - but I can't get lemongrass around here. BUMMER! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:57pm on 12/16/13
- Have you seen these? They sell them near the herbs or salads. Lemongrass in a tube. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 12:31am on 12/17/13
- I haven't seen the lemongrass version but I'll be on the lookout - thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:41am on 12/17/13
- Deb, I have the biggest bag full in my freezer. Do you think I could just wrap some in plastic - Barbara in VA - 2:20pm on 12/17/13
- If you don't mind giving it a try that would be AWESOME:) Thank you! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 3:01pm on 12/17/13
- Will be happy to! Just e-mail me your address.... - Barbara in VA - 4:01pm on 12/17/13
- barbara, wrap it in a paper towel. then plastic. it will keep it fresher a bit longer [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:09pm on 12/17/13
- Thank you Angie, that is what I will do! [NT] - Barbara in VA - 7:12pm on 12/17/13
- Yes, what Ang said. It's really hardy and you only use the white - orchid - 8:43pm on 12/17/13
- You all are SO nice & generous! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 9:59pm on 12/17/13
- This recipe is worthy of that lemongrass! [NT] - Traca - 7:25pm on 12/18/13
- Deb, Check your local Oriental grocery store. They sell fresh lemongrass in bundles - MarilynFL - 2:40pm on 12/19/13