Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Okay...here's the adapted "flourless almond lemon cake" recipe:
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #25711 at 1:21 pm on Feb 10, 2014
6 eggs, separated
1 C fine sugar
1.5 TBL baking powder
2 1/4 C almond meal
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Boil lemons for 1 hour. Cut in half (over the Vitamix blender to catch the juices), de-seed and toss everything else into the blender. Yes...skin, pulp, pith...all but the seeds. Add 1/2 C of the sugar and 6 egg YOLKS. Whip until utterly smooth.
Whisk baking powder into almond meal.
Beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar. Beat at high speed and add remaining 1/2 C of sugar slowly. Beat for at least 5 minutes to dissolve.
Pour lemon mix over almond meal. Stir. Add a large scoop of the beaten whites to lighten the mixture and then fold in the remaining egg whites.
Pour into buttered 9x9" pan. You can use a loaf pan, but the finished loaf will more than likely collapse, which in the big scheme of things, isn't that bad of a thing. So you choose.
Bake 350 for 45-60 minutes, depending on chosen pan and depth of batter.
I've attached the post where I used TWO boiled lemons plus ONE fresh lemon. That was really good too.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 25711. ISO Dessert ideas for pasta sauce tasting event... - MariaDNoCA - 1:46am on 02/09/14 (25)
- Maria, How about Cannoli Cream Puffs or if you do a search Cannoli Cones (the filling is very simple [LINK] - GayR - 2:38am on 02/09/14
- Maria, Have a look at Food & Wine Feature - Gina Depalma Cannoli Cookie [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:42am on 02/09/14
- Maria, Another idea - Cannoli Cups made with wonton wrappers. [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 2:49am on 02/09/14
- I love her recipes and have always had great success with them. Her book is one of my favorites. [NT] - Traca - 3:12pm on 02/09/14
- Is there such a thing as decaf coffee extract? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 8:00pm on 02/09/14
- 2 more cannoli-ish ideas [LINK] - cyalexa2 - 2:01pm on 02/09/14
- Spumoni? [NT] - Janet in NC - 3:18pm on 02/09/14
- I'd like something lemony. These frozen souffles are great. - Traca - 5:50pm on 02/09/14
- Oh! - and I do have a whole tree of meyers at my disposal, but doubt I have the freezer space ... - MariaDNoCA - 7:53pm on 02/09/14
- This lemon delight dessert was a big hit for me over the holidays. Make ahead needs refrigeration [LINK] - AngAk1 - 8:42pm on 02/09/14
- Ooh! That looks good. :) [NT] - Traca - 8:44pm on 02/09/14
- I've made the chocolate version of this since high school! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:50am on 02/10/14
- FYI, I'm not married to the cannoli idea...in fact, bad cannoli is just sad... - MariaDNoCA - 7:39pm on 02/09/14
- I wasted at least two days of my life trying to make cannoli. Randi (raising a glass of wine to her) - MarilynFL - 1:05pm on 02/10/14
- Okay...here's the adapted "flourless almond lemon cake" recipe: [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:21pm on 02/10/14
- Hey, I noticed this fits your allergy issues (leave off the buttered pan and use something suitable) - MarilynFL - 2:51pm on 02/10/14
- Omg, how did you know I was looking at a Clementine version? Is yours based on this? >> [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 4:04pm on 02/10/14
- No...the lemon version was from an Italian restaurant years ago...ingredients but no instructions. - MarilynFL - 4:34pm on 02/10/14
- Hummm, maybe clementines are thinner skinned or something. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:14pm on 02/10/14
- Here's what I'm ending up making: Ricotta Pound Cake, Lemon Curd, brownies and... - MariaDNoCA - 2:57am on 02/15/14
- I love that pound cake. If your ricotta is super wet, drain off what liquid you can. Others - Traca - 12:02pm on 02/15/14
- I saw your note and went to Safeway so I could get the Precious brand (also a Q)... - MariaDNoCA - 4:12pm on 02/15/14
- That sounds like plenty to me...even if everyone wants a taste [NT] - cheezz - 9:53pm on 02/15/14