Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Texas Shredded Beef (posted by Lisa/Austin,TX at Gail's)
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #2951 at 4:28 am on Aug 8, 2006
I love this because I can assemble it the night before, refrigerate, then pop it in the oven before I go to work. When I come home, the whole house smells wonderful!! Keeps for days.
You can take all the taco or fajita fixings to go with it for people to assemble themselves.
Texas Shredded Beef
1 3-4 lb. Beef Chuck Roast
2 4 oz. cans Diced Green Chiles
2 TBS. Chili Powder
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1/2 tsp. Cumin
2 cloves Garlic, minced
1 small Onion, minced
1/4 cup Water
Salt, to taste
Place roast on large piece of heavy duty foil.
In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
Spread mixture on top of roast. Wrap the foil
completely and securely around roast.
Place in an ovenproof dish and bake 4-6 hours
at 300-degrees. Cook longer if needed.
The meat should be so tender, that it shreds
easily with two forks. Serve on hot tortillas,
with cheese, salsa, sour cream,and/or guacamole.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 2951. ISO Thread(s) or new ideas on take-along foods - stacy_mn - 3:23am on 08/07/06 (17)
- How about a muffuletta? Make ahead, delicious and different, too! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:22pm on 08/07/06
- Sandra's Machaca is very portable. Take the fixings along and assemble when needed. [NT] [LINK] - Sylvia - 2:36pm on 08/07/06
- pan bagnat (nt) [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 3:02pm on 08/07/06
- Hi Stacy - I assume you are taking a cooler to transport food? If so... - cheezz - 4:04am on 08/08/06
- REC: Cream Cheese-Chicken Enchilada Casserole (DawnNYS) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:05am on 08/08/06
- REC: Chinese Chicken Wings (Debbie in GA) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:05am on 08/08/06
- REC: Extra-Crunchy Fried Chicken (hot or cold - stays crunchy for days) [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:06am on 08/08/06
- REC: Basmati and Nut Pilaf (I could eat this all in one serving!) [LINK] - cheezz - 4:08am on 08/08/06
- REC: Quiche Elegante (my recipe) - cheezz - 4:16am on 08/08/06
- REC: Texas Shredded Beef (posted by Lisa/Austin,TX at Gail's) - cheezz - 4:28am on 08/08/06
- REC: Mustard BBQ Pulled Pork, from Charlie [LINK] - cheezz - 4:29am on 08/08/06
- Thanks so much everyone -- can't wait to try some of these! [NT] - stacy_mn - 1:09pm on 08/08/06
- Way too many LDP recipe in this thread. Y'all quit that! I'm running out of room. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:29pm on 08/08/06
- LDP???? [NT] - cheezz - 9:24pm on 08/08/06
- Sorry...Looked, Drooled and Printed...what so many of us do on this site. - Curious1 - 2:27am on 08/09/06
- HA!! Love it! [NT] - cheezz - 6:08am on 08/09/06
- Stuffed garlic bread filling can be made ahead and assembled at the picnic. good baked on BBQ too. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 11:12pm on 08/08/06