Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I would encourage you to use some of that delicous syrup to try
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #26239 at 6:31 pm on Jun 26, 2014
this fantastic chicken by FN Anne Burrell. Seriously, this is fantastic. And don't be afraid of the cayenne. It works!
Maple and Cayenne Glazed Chicken
2 (3-pound) chickens, wing tips, spine and breast plate removed, cut in 1/2
Extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup real maple syrup
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Make a small hole in the extra skin on the legs and poke the end of the drumstick through to form a perfect package. Toss the chicken generously with olive oil and salt, to taste. Arrange the chicken on a sheet tray or baking dish lined with parchment or silpat. Roast the chicken until it is about 3/4 of the way done, about 20 to 25 minutes. The skin should start to brown and crisp.
While the chicken is roasting, combine the maple syrup and cayenne in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the syrup is reduced by about 1/2 to 3/4 or until the syrup is very thick and syrupy.
After the chicken has roasted for 20 to 25 minutes, brush each piece of chicken generously with the reduced syrup. Continue to roast for another 10 to 12 minutes, brushing the skin with the syrup 1 or 2 more times while cooking. The skin should start to become very dark and sticky. If the skin starts to get too dark, cover it loosely with aluminum foil. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and let rest about 10 minutes before serving.
Sweet and spicy!!!
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 26239. Just realized I have an extra quart of this years maple syrup that I can't possibly use. - CynUpstateNY - 2:49pm on 06/26/14 (16)
- Me!!! - MariaDNoCA - 2:53pm on 06/26/14
- It's yours, Maria. PM me either your email or home address and I'll get it out asap. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 3:14pm on 06/26/14
- PMed you my email - hope you got it! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:44pm on 06/26/14
- I would encourage you to use some of that delicous syrup to try - orchid - 6:31pm on 06/26/14
- And this Sweet Potato, Bacon and Apple Hash is just perfect with the chicken. - orchid - 6:34pm on 06/26/14
- orchid, the link doesn't work [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:44pm on 06/26/14
- Ooop, I just went brain dead! The recipe is inside now. Thanks Ang [NT] - orchid - 6:51pm on 06/26/14
- how easy is this! [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:35pm on 06/26/14
- And don't forget about the old salmon on cedar plank [NT] [LINK] - Marg CDN2 - 7:33pm on 06/26/14
- I use Cyn's syrup for Yotam Lemongrass dressing: lots of lime, maple & lemongrass. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:04pm on 06/26/14
- Don't forget Five Ingredient Chicken [NT] - Charley - 8:08pm on 06/26/14
- It alread got here!!! Thank you so much!!!! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 3:06am on 06/29/14
- You're welcome, Maria. Hope you enjoy it! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 12:58pm on 06/29/14
- I'm thrilled! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:21pm on 06/29/14
- 2 days! It would take our postal system that time just to think about it. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 6:40am on 06/29/14
- I know, I was shocked...still waiting for something to make it across town. This was cross country! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 9:20pm on 06/29/14