Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
AngAk1

I'll play too

Veteran Member
angela.simpson@arctecalaska.com
4987 posts

Options

Posted to Thread #26523 at 7:09 pm on Aug 18, 2014

1. old fashioned steak dinner Friday nite, and I didn't have to cook a thing. our fishing guests brought all the fixin's. yum
2. the fellas went Silver salmon fishing at 4 dark thirty. miserable day. blustery windy rainy. they came back early and empty handed.
3. good thing I had moose stroganoff ready for them. it was yummy and warm and filling. served with noodles and a big salad and garlic bread and.......
4. Tomato Tatin that Traca posted awhile back. it's in the link T&T. 3 people have asked for the recipe. so good! I didn't have herbs de Provence, so I sprinkled with oregano, rosemary, and a bit of tarragon which was also in Bill's stroganoff. I found that baking it in the little Breville convection oven took less time and no broiler needed. when I baked it in the regular oven it took longer and wouldn't brown up enough so we ran it under the broiler. still very nice.
5. homemade icecream finally eaten. made it a few weeks ago and we were too full and tired to eat it then. it was an easy cheesecake ice cream recipe and then I swirled a compote of plums/rhubarb/raspberries through it before putting in the freezer. it was yummy.
6.harvested some sugar snap peas(for DH, not me, so allergic) broccoli, and found 4 yellow squash that will be ready this weekend and more blossoms. found 2 baby cauliflower too. you really have to move the big old leaves around to find the treasures.

Link: http://www.eat.at/swap/forum20/62_Tomato_Tart/Tatin/Tartin

Other messages in this thread: