Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.


Here's one that most lambophobes will try......

Veteran Member
1947 posts
Joined: Dec 10, 2005


Posted to Thread #2948 at 4:22 pm on Aug 10, 2006

Grilled Thai Leg of Lamb

1 13 1/2 oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup snipped fresh basil
1/2 cup snipped fresh mint
1/2 cup sliced green onions
! Tabls. shredded lime peel
1/4 cup lime juice
2 Tabls. fish sauce
1 Tabls. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. red curry paste
1 Tabls. grated fresh ginger
1 Tabls. minced garlic
2 tsp. coarse salt
1 3-3 1/2 lb. boneless leg of lamb rolled and tied.

For sauce:combine first nine ingredients with 1 tsp. of salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Set aside.
Rub: Combine garlic, ginger, 1 tsp. salt and 1 tsp. ground black pepper.
Unroll lamb and pound to 1 1/2" to 2" thickness.
Rub ginger mixture over meat, plase in a resealable plastic bag and add 1/2 cup sauce. Place in dish and refrigerate 8 hours or so, turning and squishing (my word) occassionally.
Cover and refrigerate sauce.
Remove meat from marinade--the next step I haven't done---use long metal skewers inserted as a X to keep meat from curling.
Arrange coals over drip around and test for medium to low heat. Place meat on rack, cover and grill 50-60 minutes or until thermometer reads 135. Remove and let stand 15 minutes.
Let sauce stand and room temp for 30 minutes.
Slice and and ladle some sauce orver and serve rest on side.
I have adjusted amounts and used dried herbs with good results. People love the sauce, so when I make two legs, I make triple sauce.
Let me know if you find other uses for it, when I have had a tad left over, have served along side grilled fish

Another lamb thing, that I sort of invented when I just could not see the mix of mint jelly and
lamb, but like the mint notion.
I cover a couple of handfulls of dried spearmint with balsamic vinegar and simmer really low for about an hour, cook a bit of garlic in butter or olive oil till soft and add to mint mixture with brown sugar to taste. I do this early in the day and just push it to the back of cooktop till time to strain and serve

Other messages in this thread: