Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This is my favorite Hot Cider Drink.....
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #26800 at 10:25 am on Oct 13, 2014
(from HOLIDAY SAMPLINGS, compiled & published by The Columbus Service League in 1983. This recipe was submitted by Rhetta Glick.)
1 gallon apple cider or apple juice (128 oz)
1/2 cup brown sugar (I use 1/4 cup light brown sugar.)
1 - 6 oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed*
1 - 6-oz can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed*
1 Tbsp whole cloves
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
2 or 3 whole sticks cinnamon
Combine all ingredients in large kettle. Simmer until steaming hot. Remove whole spices. May add 1 cup rum before serving. Serves 32.
*Caryn's Notes: Since the grocery stores no longer have available or sell 6-oz cans of frozen juice concentrates in this town, I just put in a 12-oz thawed container of each juice that is called for.
Other messages in this thread:
- 26800. ISO: a good hot apple cider recipe [NT] - cheezz - 2:35am on 10/13/14 (11)
- REC: Hot Mulled Cider--I don't usually garnish with the studded fruit-but it's a nice touch... - charlie - 3:12am on 10/13/14
- Sounds fabulous! If it's served in a punch bowl, does that mean it's not served hot? [NT] - cheezz - 5:41am on 10/13/14
- cheezz, I always use a silver (i.e., metal) punch bowl for my hot punches AND a silver/metal ladle. - wigs - 10:16am on 10/13/14
- We always serve it hot [NT] - charlie - 11:38am on 10/13/14
- This is my favorite Hot Cider Drink..... - wigs - 10:25am on 10/13/14
- Yum! [NT] - cheezz - 4:30am on 10/15/14
- Add brandy...or bourbon [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 11:47am on 10/13/14
- I always put a bottle on the side [NT] - charlie - 7:45pm on 10/13/14
- Exactly! & IF I'm lucky, there will be 1 cup left after my cooking spree 2 add 2 my hot cider drink. [NT] - wigs - 8:14pm on 10/13/14
- Maybe not for my church ladies :) [NT] - cheezz - 4:30am on 10/15/14
- several at link. I made one with pineapple juice that is so good, must find it to post [NT] [LINK] - AngAk1 - 8:10pm on 10/14/14