Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
My take on PW's "Restaurant Style Salsa". Her recipe is quite good, but I added...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #27522 at 6:06 pm on Apr 9, 2015
...two fresh poblano (ancho) chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed and seeded. A little more garlic, too.
This is really good, basic salsa. It tastes as good as the best restaurant salsa here in the southwest, I think.
Red Tomato Salsa
1 can (28 Ounce) whole tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chiles)
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, small chop
1 whole jalapeņo, quartered and sliced thin
2 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded and medium diced
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup cilantro (more to taste)
1 lime, juiced
(Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a blender, or a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.)
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeņo, poblanos, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you would like---I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.
Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.
Link: PW's recipe
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 27522. My take on PW's "Restaurant Style Salsa". Her recipe is quite good, but I added... [LINK] - Michael in Phoenix - 6:06pm on 04/09/15 (11)
- yes, very good and super easy. I have added Hatch chilies. good reminder to make soon---and share! [NT] - AngAk1 - 7:27pm on 04/09/15
- Never occurred to me to make my own salsa. I have made bruschetta, never thought of Salsa. I like - barb_b - 9:28pm on 04/09/15
- I hope you have tried the typical salsa served with a bowl of chips in most.. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:13am on 04/10/15
- I make a variation of this and sell it. - Dawn_MO - 1:28pm on 04/10/15
- Made this today to go with Tostito's Scoops and Ina's Steak Sandwich. I had - KarenNoCA - 4:44pm on 04/10/15
- Michael, explain the Rotel thing please - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:03pm on 04/13/15
- I feel the same way...plus I'm bugged when canned tomatoes/chiles have tips/skins still - MarilynFL - 4:41pm on 04/13/15
- I guess it's the convenience factor because you can do the same - orchid - 4:42pm on 04/13/15
- I think it is because those long years ago that Rotel and queso - Charley - 5:56pm on 04/13/15
- That's probably right on the nose, Charley [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 3:48pm on 04/14/15
- I used Rotel in this recipe because I wanted to try it 'as written'. - Michael in Phoenix - 3:58pm on 04/14/15