Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Spicy Blueberry Jam
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #3106 at 11:39 am on Aug 18, 2006
Blueberry Spice Jam
Remove stems and rinse 2 pints of blueberries. Crush half one layer at a time. Press remaining through a food mill. Combine berries, and then measure out 2 cups.
Mix berries,4 cups sugar and 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice along with ¼ tsp. Nutmeg and ½ tsp. Cinnamon in heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add one pkg. Of liquid pectin and bring back to a rolling boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, fill jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Process 10 min.
I have doubled this successfully.
The jam in this recipe gets nice and firm, too.
Do you need processing directions? Very simple.
Other messages in this thread:
- 3106. ISO CynUpstNY - could you please post your recipe for spiiced bluberry jam when you get a chance? TY [NT] - DawnNYS - 6:16pm on 08/16/06 (5)
- Hi Dawn! I use a somewhat standard recipe. Crush half the berries and put half through a mill,. - CynUpstateNY - 12:26am on 08/17/06
- Just your procedure in simple words please :o). I am jam-phobic and want the... - DawnNYS - 6:49pm on 08/17/06
- I make LOTS of jams and preserves every summer. I'll post it in the morning. [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 10:33pm on 08/17/06
- REC: Spicy Blueberry Jam - CynUpstateNY - 11:39am on 08/18/06
- No, thanks Cyn... that's perfect. Will try this weekend - thanx for posting your recipe. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:52pm on 08/18/06