Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
[insert swear word here] I took photos of Polenta Facile for colleenmomof2, but I don't know
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27824 at 11:36 pm on Jul 21, 2015
how to order the darn photos. These grits are cooked in a glass bowl sitting inside a pot of simmering water with a plate for a lid (my version of a double boiler) and you do nothing, absolutely nothing, but stir it 4 times...once every 30 minutes. I've attached the Photobucket link, but the images are all cattywampus and out of order. And I was SO PATIENT TAKING THOSE PHOTOS!
There are nine photos in all:
1. adding grits to water over double boiler
2. "plate" lid
3. Zero time
4. 30 minutes elapsed
5. 60 minutes elapsed
6. 90 minutes elapsed
7. 2 hours elapsed >> DONE! (has silicon spatula)
8. A dribble of heavy cream was stirred in
9. Served it with fresh okra, tomatoes, fresh corn, onions and a bit o'bacon.
If anyone can figure out how to arrange them so they can be viewed LOGICALLY in a slideshow, have at it.
1 Cup stone-ground grits
4 Cups water
1.5 teaspoons salt
Cook in double boiler --with the bottom of the top section TOUCHING the simmering water--over low heat for 2 hours, stirring once every 30 minutes. Use a timer to remind you to stir.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27824. [insert swear word here] I took photos of Polenta Facile for colleenmomof2, but I don't know [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:36pm on 07/21/15 (10)
- The pictures look great Marilyn! Yum!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:56am on 07/22/15
- If you really want facile... REC: Parmesan Polenta [LINK] - judy-mass - 8:46pm on 07/22/15
- One degree of separation: Our Traca knows and has traveled with Crescent! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:56pm on 07/22/15
- Yes, she's one of my dearest friends. [NT] - Traca - 4:39am on 07/23/15
- The best part about Crescent's polenta recipe is that you can cook it in the oven. "Why would - Traca - 4:46am on 07/23/15
- ah, I would, since every other attempt at grits has been mediocre at best. I'll give Crescent's - MarilynFL - 10:58am on 07/23/15
- May I just ask what troubles you about grits? It is 4:1 ratio, and just - Charley - 2:06pm on 07/23/15
- Never had any luck cooking them on stovetop over direct heat. This method works perfectly - MarilynFL - 6:13pm on 07/23/15
- I have used a similar method to cook polenta and grits... [LINK] - judy-mass - 1:56pm on 12/01/15
- Oops, see above! Seems I already posted this! [NT] - judy-mass - 1:58pm on 12/01/15