Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Excellent! Beautiful! Fun! Wow! - added celery seeds
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #27840 at 1:46 pm on Aug 12, 2015
My 87 year old neighbor across the street has been leaving 1 pickling cucumber hanging off my porch post every couple of days for a week so I bought a couple more to make pickles to share with him. I've never made pickles but we do love them. Your recipe intrigued me ;) so I researched "freezer pickles" and decided to make yours but add in celery seeds and sweet pepper slices from red, orange and yellow mini peppers.
Thank-you for sharing your recipe! They are flavorful, crunchy (as promised) and so "pretty" in the jar. I hope my neighbor likes pickles! Colleen
Other messages in this thread:
- 27840. ISO T&T recipe for Sweet & Hot Refrigerator Pickles - Michael in Sarasota - 4:53pm on 07/26/15 (6)
- This is a good one REC: Bread and Butter Pickles... - charlie - 5:35pm on 07/26/15
- Here is a delicious sweet-sour pickle; and so easy to make. REC: Sweet-Sour Freezer Pickle Chips - Dawn_MO - 6:21pm on 07/26/15
- Excellent! Beautiful! Fun! Wow! - added celery seeds - colleenmomof2 - 1:46pm on 08/12/15
- Look up a recipe for freezer pickles and see if you can get them "hot" - Charley - 12:38pm on 07/27/15
- Thanks, All! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 2:23pm on 07/29/15
- Try making Refrigerator Hot & Spicy Watermelon Pickles, Michael [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:27pm on 07/29/15