Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Next up: BakeTart's Faux Biscoff with roasted soy kinato flour
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #27913 at 9:59 pm on Aug 13, 2015
They look like brownies, right? WHY would anyone wanting to duplicate a thin, crispy FLAT cookie add 1.5 tsp of baking soda and roll it out 1/4" thick?
Taste wasn't even in the ballpark. But my dough was very wet and oily, so I had to keep sprinkling on more flour just to roll it out. That meant the finished cookie had a flour taste since the surface hits your tongue first.
Definitely needs work.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 27913. Some photos: first up, Traca's Peach Cobbler with Hot Water Sugar Topping [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:44pm on 08/13/15 (14)
- Next up: Turkish Borekites; little pastries filled with spinach, feta and peccorino cheese. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:55pm on 08/13/15
- Next up: BakeTart's Faux Biscoff with roasted soy kinato flour [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:59pm on 08/13/15
- Last: Yotam's Stir-fried tofu [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 9:59pm on 08/13/15
- looks good enough to eat!! [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:53pm on 08/13/15
- Was this different from the Black Pepper Tofu? - judy-mass - 12:45am on 08/14/15
- Yes! That's exactly what it is, with some added veggies. Isn't it great. And to think [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:46pm on 08/14/15
- I also own 2 of his books and did not know about that recipe. [LINK] - judy-mass - 1:10am on 08/15/15
- Ooh! I just got this book. Still need to spend some quality time with it. [NT] - Traca - 11:57pm on 08/13/15
- Too cute! What's your assessment of the borekites? [NT] - cheezz - 4:26pm on 08/14/15
- Very good warm. I didn't try them later, so no opinion on how they taste cold. - MarilynFL - 5:06pm on 08/14/15
- Wow - score! the words 'leftover' and 'cake' never even enter my vocabulary! [NT] - cheezz - 10:15pm on 08/15/15
- Agree with your assessment of the topping. Different, but I think my mind was anticipating - Traca - 11:56pm on 08/13/15
- oops...I was supposed to leave on the peels? ah, I removed them after roasting. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:49pm on 08/14/15
- These all look extremely yummy! [NT] - Lana in FL - 1:41am on 08/15/15