Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Totally NFRC: NYC, here I come: Oct 9-12, staying at the Lexington (48h & Lex)
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #28025 at 2:18 pm on Sep 27, 2015
Sandra, I'm at home now but will look forward to info on tours at my work email. Thank you!
If anyone else will be in town, I'd love to meet up. So far all I've got planned is Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge walk (probably catch the subway back from that.)
My work schedule has me getting up at 4:00 AM so I'm not sure how I'll handle the timing then...right now I wake up at 4:30 even on the weekends. Today I walked the beach boardwalk IN THE DARK. Felt safe, though because a bunch of surfers were also walking out to the beach.
Please still keep suggesting ideas. I totally suck at planning trips: here's an example. Lar and I were into our 3rd (of 5) weeks traveling with cheap backpacks, staying in garrets and eating very frugally. I was church'd & museum'd out. It was miserably hot, muggy and humid in Venice (mid-July) and we were sweating and exhausted from walking around. I finally found shade in a corner of a large square and we just sat there, planning on how to escape the heat. Lar suggested going into a church (because they were always cool) or movie (free A/C!) but I had had enough of those.
As a result, I missed seeing one of the most magnificent cathedrals--St. Mark's Basilica--in all of Europe simply because I was hot and miserable and cranky.
See what I mean. I'm my own worse travel agent. WHO GOES TO VENICE AND MISSES GOING INSIDE THE BASILICA???
Me, that's who. Worse still...I was SITTING on its very steps while complaining about the heat.
Go ahead. Look at the link and see what I LITERALLY TURNED MY (hot and sweaty) BACK ON.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 28025. Totally NFRC: NYC, here I come: Oct 9-12, staying at the Lexington (48h & Lex) [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:18pm on 09/27/15 (19)
- Don't know if this would interest you but in all the times we have [LINK] - orchid - 6:40pm on 09/27/15
- On the list! Thanks, O. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:00pm on 09/28/15
- My 2 fav things in NYC were the Met Museum and Papaya King juice drink [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 11:27pm on 09/27/15
- I've been to the Met twice, but never to PK. On the list! Thanks, M [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:01pm on 09/28/15
- Possibly cheapest eatz in all of NYC! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 1:25am on 09/29/15
- More NFRC: This is me, eyebrowless and totally whacked out on Valium. [LINK] - MarilynFL - 11:55am on 09/28/15
- Ha! I would love to catch up with you. Unfortunately, the only day that would work would be 10/9 - barb_b - 1:08pm on 09/28/15
- Damn. Flight arrives at LaG at 12:08. Then I have a bus ticket to Grand Central - MarilynFL - 1:50pm on 09/28/15
- Surgery? Everything is fine? [NT] - orchid - 7:05pm on 09/28/15
- Lots and lots of eye surgeries...to get ready for...another eye surgery. - MarilynFL - 7:30pm on 09/28/15
- Well, dang! If I'd known that I would have insisted on a meet up - orchid - 7:52pm on 09/28/15
- Orchid, that was my laugh for the day! (Mar, not your surgeries, but O's observation) [NT] - barb_b - 11:07pm on 09/28/15
- Get well M [NT] - charlie - 4:22am on 09/29/15
- looks like they gave you the good stuff!-----and the doc looks like he has had some too [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:41pm on 09/28/15
- Hope surgeries/recoveries continue to go well!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:05pm on 09/29/15
- I thoroughly enjoyed the food tasting and cultural walking tour through [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 2:04pm on 09/28/15
- Oh man, I would do every one of those! We did a food walking - orchid - 7:03pm on 09/28/15
- I just showed this to John and he pointed out there isn't one for Harlem. - orchid - 7:19pm on 09/28/15
- Right up my alley! Thanks Pat. Got a NYC trip in my future as well. [NT] - Traca - 7:24pm on 09/28/15